Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with tailgate asap

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
hey everyone my tailgate all of a sudden wont unlock. the key goes in but it wont turn. it was working fine and then it just stopped im thinking maybe a new key as mine is a little bent but Ive tried straightening it and still no go, or maybe spraying something in there but i dunno. has anyone had this problem or have an suggestions ? thanks

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
my boot lock did the same thing on the vk and the vl I sprayed some wd40 and worked the lock with the key for a while, it didn't work for the vk but it did work on the vl.
another good product for the locks is "microfyne graphite" it is a dry lube excellent for all types of locks, slides, machinery.
also you should probably get another key cut if yours is damaged.

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
i was gonna suggest punching it. you would be suprised how scared you can make it! one of our old shitty cars we are wrecking wouldnt open the bonnet, so i hit it and up it came!

MX_Leigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
yz250f
i was gonna suggest punching it. you would be suprised how scared you can make it! one of our old shitty cars we are wrecking wouldnt open the bonnet, so i hit it and up it came!

lol just like most things. if it wont open with a hammer get a bigger one

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
yep sprayed some wd40 in there today at eork and now works again i think ill still get another key cut

I had a similar problem mate when ui first got mine, snapped a key while trying, so i got 2 more cut with the spare and no issues since.. The old keys get worn down after a few years..