Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with VE headunit & current Clarion

Kin SV6 to Maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 '06'
Hi guys,

So i had a mate disconnect my VE's headunit and attached a Clarion headunit in replace of it... The VE stereo is still connected and alive
but does not operate.. obviously the Clarion now controls the speakers/amp/sub which is indeed what i wanted. However i want to have my actual
radio re-connected and bluetooth, i know i could just get a HP filter (if thats correct?) and bypass the both and have everything but at the moment
i really wanna have the radio and other back. I also want to eliminate the Clarion to be honest as there is just no where for it to sit comfortably!
It's sitting down between the drivers seat and centre console and looks tacky!!! If i eliminate that Clarion for now will i lose the audio i have now
or is there maybe somewhere else i can put it because my heads wrapped on where to put this thing!

Re-cap i want to reconnect the radio/bluetooth and if need be eliminate the clarion but i'm pretty bad at wiring and such so any help will be greatly
appreciated! I will get some photos to show where i'm at..

Thanks!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
hmm... ditch the clarion definetly, perhaps invest in a car audio store doing the job properly. But otherwise, throw up some pictures of the wiring mainly to gain an idea of how the original wiring was modified.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
i have been installing for 15yrs, own a ve and work for my self in and around brisbane and wood like to help you get things wired properly.
if you wish to message me i can give you my details.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I would take that oppurtunity mate!

Kin SV6 to Maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 '06'
Yeah i've dropped him a message on his wall :) I wanted to go to Autobarn and get them to do it all but they would end up charging a good $500+ for the job.. While yes it would be muchly worth it in the end the fact is i can't put that in front of other
things i have to worry :(( Tried to upload a photo (might have done it wrong) but said it was to big :l