Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with what wire does what

D

dumpd6

ok well now i have my car back on the road it is driving me crazy not having a juke box so ive decided to put it back in the only thing is there isnt as many wires coming from the car as there is coming from the head unit... there are the basics red black yellow and blue an white for power earth memory remote and speakers but there is still a yellow and black (dont know what that is for) and then a orange and white (dont know what that one is eather) the stereo use to be in there so the wires have to be there some where but i dont think i colour coded the wires when i first put it in so if some one could tell us whats what incase i have to run new wires.. by the way its a pioneer deh-p6350( the one with f1 cars and eagles) if thats any help
cheers

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I think the orange/white = illumination (dimmer) and the yellow/black = telephone mute

D

dumpd6

so does that mean i dont have to hook up the yellow an black

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
l asume you don't need these connected. The telephone mute was on calais and up (l think it was an optional install, but my pearents calais has it) and the dimmer, well, l don't know.
There is a wirring diagram on the justcommodores site for download that you can use, also you should have gotten one with your headunit. Otherwise l suggest taking your car and headunit to an autoelec and getting it installed. l had my new headunit installed for $50.