Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help

buster1192

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i recently stripped my car back to bare metal to do a full respray but got called away for work for a few weeks my brother in law undid the cover to get something out of the car and didnt tie it up wind lifeted the cover off and now my car is covered in surface rust what would the easiest way be to remove it quickly as it is due to be sprayed monday

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
it would have rusted anyway due to moisture in the air.especially if it was outside.
you need to get a sander and just sand it all off using 100-120 grit making sure you get every little bit of it.
then it needs to be etch primed but make sure you don't touch it as sweat etc will start the rust process all over again.
i recommend wearing rubber gloves while doing it.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
There's a trade product called de-oxadine (probably spelt wrong) go to a panel beating supply shop and get some. It removes very light rust you just brush it on even if you sand it first I'd suggest but check with a sanel shop.

buster1192

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
ok ty guys i was hoping for something easy as i only have a orbital sander and it takes ages plus chews through the sand paper lol