Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help!!!

HSVSENATORVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY HSV SENATOR S1 GEN3
hello all i'm in need of some help i have a VY Senator and have done some work on my motor all done at home i fitted a comp cam 222/224@50 112lsa and springs .600 cai with k&n pod filter and a set of 20in rims and police brake pads and a cat back 2.5 all done with no help. now i need to know how to get it to run smoothly as i can and what sort of power will i be looking at when finshed? i'm half way through fitting a 2500rpm stall converter. the car sounds so mean already started it last night :) any help will be greatful
thanks

HSVSENATORVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok now i really need help my motor is making a funny noise and is stalling once i kick it over can any body shine some light on whats going on and there is a check engine message what the hell is going on???????

ls1-rice-eater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Id be getting it towed to your nearest decent mechanic/tuner, im no mechaic myself but mabye the cams out or the cars computer is not adjusting to a aftermarket cam and is going what the bleep have you done to me, with an exhaust intake and cam youll benifit from a professional tune anyways.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
as above, you'll need a tune for it to run properly or run at all in your case

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
I have the same cam in my manual vy ss with otrcai 4 - 1 extractors 3inch metal cats x 2 and a dual 2.5inch cat back exhaust plus 3.9 diff gears im making 262rwkw and 713nm of torque

HSVSENATORVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
where is a close tuner that will do that at short notice the tow truck is already on it's way? 262rwkw i would love that sitting under my hood i just bought a set of 4 into 1 extractors and in a few weeks a 383 stroker kit but it won't be going in until this gets fixed

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
Ring powertorque engines at brendale and see if you can get in with them other then that try western suburbs mechanical

HSVSENATORVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
powertorque engines no go have to wait until next week they said try east coast customs they said ok so i'm off to east coast customs will keep you updated of what kw i spit out thanks for you help

HSVSENATORVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
quick update they found the problem the cam sensor was broken new one is in and now the tuning has started they think i might hit a 290-320rwkw on 98octain i'll be happy with 290rwkw ( and the noise was from the rockers because they are part of a all new valve traine)