Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help

mudstick

Reaction score
lookin. at buying a vx or vt and lowering it on king springs, putting a 2 1/4 catback in it and and eventually buying nice 18-20 inch mags, needhelp on how much this will roughly cost and if it is worth adding a set of extractors or a cam kit??

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
That's a very generic question mate.
The price will depend on.....
Springs....Super Lows...Ultra Lows...Lows.....How about shock absorbers?
What make of exhaust. Type and make of tyres and wheels.....The bigger, the more expensive.
Always worth adding extractors.......What type and make? Genies....Pacemakers or el cheapo.
Cam kit....again, make and type. Then roller rockers, a tune...cold air intake???

inSight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VX
Doesn't the Series 1 VT and VX have rear camber issues when they are lowered? Also you may want to be careful doing that. The VX I bought was lowered with King Springs once and the seller had to put the original Springs back on because he got defected by the police.

I'm currently running 20" tyres (came with the car along with originals as spare). They will throw your speedometre off progressively as you pick up speed. At around 60km/h (speedo reading) your car is actually doing around 61-63km/h. At 100km/h reading your car is actually doing over 105km/h. This is enough to set off speed traps and possibly speed cameras.

Also expect very high prices with 20" tyres if you decide to go with them. They can cost up to $350 PER TYRE for decent quality ones. And when it comes to tyres you really don't want to cheap out. Same goes with brakes.

Can't comment on exhaust, my car already came with them. Not entirely sure how much has been done, the seller wasn't even sure. He said it was around a 2.5" pipe and the system was done all the way to the CAT.