Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
ok my vp wont start after turning it off SOMETIMES and has stalled a couple of times when someone is in the passanger seat. after playing with donostic plug it usually starts. also when it wont start the check engine light doesn't work at all not even for dionostics... also sounds like fuel pump isn't getting enough power.
any help would b appricated.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Sounds like a possible dud battery.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I/we had the same or similar problem in a VP. It would all of a sudden stall and wouldnt start for a while. Got told its got to do with the crank-angled-sensor or something similar and its a common problem in Holdens. Just took it to the local mechanic and got the part replaced and no problem since.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
azzfox said:
I/we had the same or similar problem in a VP. It would all of a sudden stall and wouldnt start for a while. Got told its got to do with the crank-angled-sensor or something similar and its a common problem in Holdens. Just took it to the local mechanic and got the part replaced and no problem since.

Put a new CAS in cause i thought that was the problem but the one one looked fine and i still have the same problem.
also the check engine light doesn't work at all when it won't start but works fine when the car is starting thats why i thought it might b something electical

the engine cranks properly just won't start..