Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Ok on my way home, luckily from my HSC english exam on friday my car decided to totally die on me. No power steering engine cut off and brakes barely worked. My car has 111 thousand K's on it and is serviced regularly. The mechanics have looked at it and said they cannot find anything wrong with the car. They have no idea what it might be. Do any of you guys have a clue at all what this could be. My engine and Oil light both came on when it all cut off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just hope it doesnt break down on me ont he way to any fo my exams.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
First thing you should do is check for trouble codes.
Without a lot of info first guess would be the crank angle sensor. Did it restart when you tried or did you have to tow it?

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
they have checked all codes and nothing turned up and he said it might be the crank sensor but he checked and said it wasnt.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
they have checked all codes and nothing turned up and he said it might be the crank sensor but he checked and said it wasnt.

My car cut out once whilst driving, took it to Holden, and they spent two days, wasted a 1/4 of a tank of fuel and still couldn't find anything wrong with it. I told them to replace the Crank angle sensor, and its been fine ever since...

mick123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Yeah dude i work for holden and 90% of cut out when driving in vs's is the crank angle sensor

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
My mechanic checked it and said it was fine, They checked the whole car out they had it for 3 days. They checked airflow, emission everything from top to bottom. They said that the car is in A1 condition. And i beleive him because he might be a mechanic but he is also a family friend.

mick123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Yeah man they always do that. Hate it!!! You get a customer saying their car keeps cutting out but u run it for a full day and it's fine, next thing their back the next day complaining that it's still doing it. If it keeps doing it then yeah thats most likely what it'll be

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
It has since cut out on me while driving twice in the last 2 days. Im gonna get the mechanic to replace the crank angle sensor like you guys have suggested. I hope it works because im at my wits end with this VS.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Typical VS problem. Mine cut out a few times when I first got my exec back in 1998. Driving then all of a sudden nothing. Engine dies, no electrical, no power steering etc. Had the crank angle sensor replaced and got nearly 8 years of trouble free driving until I sold it. :thumbsup:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I am still surprised you didnt get any error codes. Did you have the battery disconnected at anytime after the fault occured but before you checked the codes? That will clear the codes. Code 47 would have made it a definate, but does sound like CAS.