Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need info on clusters

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
Ok sorry if its been posted before but i couldnt find it and a search alot.

I need some info on VZ clusters because ive had mixed answers from different forums.

i have the single window cluster which from reading other threads is also known as a level1 cluster?
i want to put in a cluster from an SV6 or Calais, or if possible a HSV cluster.

now my questions are,
1.I heard from some other forum that if the cluster has over 100kms on the clock you need holden to put it in, is this true?

2.SV6 have more options than a Exec, are those options built into the cluster? eg, if i were to install the SV6 cluster into my Exec would it show those options? and would they actually work if it did show them?

3.Another thing is would my car even take a Triple screen cluster even though it was a single screen from the factory?

i had more questions but i forgot them, these will do for now, sorry for asking so much i just wanna know exactly how it all works so im not wasting money and so i know what to look for when i start doing up the interior.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
it should fit in no worries. i think you may need to get it calibrated though to use all 3 clusters, but not sure

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
oh and to answer your questions as far as i know,

1. i know this was applicable for vt.vx, not sure about vz though, may be different
2. i dont think that the dash would show any extra information, that information i doubt will be stored on the dash, rather somewhere else? bcm, ecu???
3.it should fit in, someone else can clarify if it would actually work as 3 clusters or just the one will work.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
There is a bloke that do this a while ago, I think it was paulsv6 but can't be sure, if I can find the car I'll link you, he explains it all in there

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I've got a 05 VZ Exec with a WL Statesman cluster in my car. I've also got a VZ Calais cluster for it also. Both needed reprogramming to avoid setting off the air bag warning and climate control. The WL needel the fuel sender re programmed also.

The VZ 3 window cluster will work if you plug it in and then spit out air bag error unless the cluster you get has the same number of air bags programmed..

AzTuati

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT SS 5.0
thanks guy thats helped heaps, ill look a bit more into it. and thanks impulse for the link ill search it tomorrow. Might head down to Holden and ask them about it too.