Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Info on LPG System.

Dr Goggles

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 Salt lakester
My VT parts-hauler with LPG has a CAI, it's not the focus of my attention though.....It's got 320k on the clock, backfires a bit and kills airboxes.......I only lift the bonnet when something stops, got other things on me mind.........

Dunno that the CAI puts it in performance territory .....

To be honest , I'd never run a street car without LPG, flame me if ya want but that's another 3 to 4 grand I can spend on a race car each year........and I've handed enough over for speeding tickets...

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
Cheers man thanks for your feedback, you work with lpg systems often? or have you heard of a cold air intake every being installed

My forte was tuning - lpg or petrol done heaps of work on older systems though I have been out of the game for 5 years now - I put cold air intakes on everything with LPG wont hurt nothing

druebe

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 manual, twin t/b
gday i have just fitted cai to my dual fuel vr calais.....when it is on gas and i get it into top gear it will stall and wont change down gears???
but when it is on petrol it works fine change to gas and it stalls...if i take the cai off gas works normaly as does the petrol...put the cai back on and gas stalls???

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
gday i have just fitted cai to my dual fuel vr calais.....when it is on gas and i get it into top gear it will stall and wont change down gears???
but when it is on petrol it works fine change to gas and it stalls...if i take the cai off gas works normaly as does the petrol...put the cai back on and gas stalls???

If you change anything on the intake which changes restrictions in any way it can lean out the mixtures - so you will need a tune on the LPG to compensate

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
even driving on gas i can smoke a vs eotec so there is little powerloss with my system, i just like the noise that comes from a cold air intake, and i want to know if its going to screw with the gas system

Although this was beginning of the year, since the thread was revived, I'm curious as to how this can occur when both cars have exactly the same engine (minus a couple of little differences on the plenum/runners valves) with basically the same power output, (VS 147kw - VY 152kw). Not to mention a VX is a good 250kg heavier than a VS?

Hmmm?

If you change anything on the intake which changes restrictions in any way it can lean out the mixtures - so you will need a tune on the LPG to compensate

Correct. Gas is very unstable, mixtures need to be 100% correct.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Although this was beginning of the year, since the thread was revived, I'm curious as to how this can occur when both cars have exactly the same engine (minus a couple of little differences on the plenum/runners valves) with basically the same power output, (VS 147kw - VY 152kw). Not to mention a VX is a good 250kg heavier than a VS?

Hmmm?

lol :p

10 characters

julianvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 3.3 EFI
I just put vapour injection on my Vt. Works great, I get 500-550 km's of start stop driving from a tank of gas which costs about 35-40 bucks. Power seems the same- carrying more weight obviously but the beauty of the emer vapour system is that the car runs using the ECU still and is piggybacked with its own lpg one. Optimum tune for both fuels and the lpg system runs off metered air, meaning you could change everything just like traditional petrol engine.

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
I just put vapour injection on my Vt. Works great, I get 500-550 km's of start stop driving from a tank of gas which costs about 35-40 bucks. Power seems the same- carrying more weight obviously but the beauty of the emer vapour system is that the car runs using the ECU still and is piggybacked with its own lpg one. Optimum tune for both fuels and the lpg system runs off metered air, meaning you could change everything just like traditional petrol engine.

So what have you done about ignition timing ? Mine (VS) was a pig until I got a dual map memcal ..to increase timing on LPG