Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need info on Vl V8 ignition fuse blows under acceleration

VLzebub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl 5.0L sedan
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what my gremlin might be on my Vl 5.0L. Every time I accelerate in my car it blows out the ignition fuse and after having it off the road for a month waiting for a rebuilt Quady i finally get it going it idled away for about 10 mins absolutely fine then i drove it maybe 100m gave it a bit and the ignition fuse blew out i replaced it and when i turn the ignition on the fuse blows........ Just hopeing some one can tell me where i should start looking i have removed the dizzy and checked it for arc's and burnt smell or excessive play but it is as good as the regraph dizzy i have for my race engine so I am assuming that it is the loom any ideas where i should start????

Cheers

VLzebub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl 5.0L sedan
Turns out it was the loom from next to the brake booster that runs across the motor past the dizzy and coil and around to the front of the motor had broken wires in it due to age so it was an easy fix.