Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEED INFO

GUBBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Need to check these codes aswell.

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 208

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
HBD - DMG
The HBD is Holden By Design not sure what the DMG is

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looking at the pics I don't think its series 5 VS as such. It looks to be a special order arranged through the dealer. There was a bloke on here who IIRC has a dealer pack HSV Stato, similar thing to yours has a different dash emblem.

GUBBS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Looking at the pics I don't think its series 5 VS as such. It looks to be a special order arranged through the dealer. There was a bloke on here who IIRC has a dealer pack HSV Stato, similar thing to yours has a different dash emblem.
Ok..No worries...Registered as 1996 VS executive...with any luck someone will know a little more..

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
It's the Opera House Series of Holdens. There was an Opera house release back in VL so obviously there are a few other releases after that and VS was Series 5 in the sequence.

Hope this gives a bit more light on this topic.

One thing I can't get my head around is Power Windows on the Passenger side only and not the drivers ?????, sure that this isn't just a tight wad way of not fixing an electric window and retro fitting a manual winder back in place ?

Check the following thread out !
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-commodore-opera-house-edition.271837/

BTW VP was Series IV (4) of the instalment.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The various codes mention NMG = NSW DMG CAR. (NSW dealer managed CAR ?)
The Opera House outline badge could mean a Sydney metro dealer, but I doubt whether any dealer would have current staff with memories that long.
(I replied the same time as vs lover, his explanation is better)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
For those who love to dig deeper on vehicle numbers, check out the following link,
http://www.holdenhistoricalservices.com.au/about-us/holden-historical-services
This is where all the owners of Monaro's and Torana's etc. get their GMH vehicle authentication from.
It's a bit of a trip down memory lane and certainly does explain some of the ways production was set out in each state and will expel many myths that have been folk law for way too long.
Enjoy !

vs lover ...… well done ! Is this a sticky anywhere ? if not should be.
Does this still work ? I have my HJ VIN plates on the wall of the garage, but car went to rust heaven years ago.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi FJ,

I fell across this site some years ago and have it bookmarked on my PC. The link that I put up in the other thread from which you've copied it from still works as it should.

Certainly understand you still having the build plates from your HJ as I found my lovely Kimberly Bronze 87 VL Berlina that got smacked up the a#@s by of all things a Toyota Yaris and wrote it off while it was in the hands of a subsequent owner after me in U-Pull-it. It made me cry on the spot as I wished I hadn't sold the thing. I removed it's build plates and a few other mementos from it and have the plates in with it's original books which I never let go when I sold her.