Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need instruction on how to take out hid kit

Josephine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I bought a car for my mum but it has a hid kit in it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to take it out and if I need to add or remove anything to put normal headlights back in. It seems to be just battery>ballast>bulb but I don't want to attempt anything without knowing if it is as simple as just removing the kit. I've tried googling but I'm not sure if a simple reverse of installation will do. Thanks for any advice.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Should be able to just remove the ballasts and change the globes. The switching and relays shouldn't have been changed when the hids were installed. If the original harness is still there it should be plug and play bacl to halogen. Only issue might be if previous owners changed the plugs on the globes and or the reflectors.

Josephine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Should be able to just remove the ballasts and change the globes. The switching and relays shouldn't have been changed when the hids were installed. If the original harness is still there it should be plug and play bacl to halogen. Only issue might be if previous owners changed the plugs on the globes and or the reflectors.
Hi. Yeah I couldn't find this post lol so I just pulled it all out and threw halogen in. Hit a few problems like a) the covers aren't there so I'm worried something bad will happen. No idea what but still worried. B) the high beam isn't working on left side. C) I don't know if my stepfather got correct globes because it is dull d) I'm not sure if they altered the actual headlight to fit the big hids in e) I have no idea what I'm looking at when I look at them but on the side closer to centre, there's a part that says h3 high beam and I was under the impression that I needed 1 bulb for both high and low, not 1 each. Thanks for your response .

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Something is not right. Yes the one globe does both high and low.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought vr vs run h4s not h3s. The reason it is not working on high on one side might just be an issued at the plug. If the globes are not brand new high could be blown on the globe.

Josephine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I thought vr vs run h4s not h3s. The reason it is not working on high on one side might just be an issued at the plug. If the globes are not brand new high could be blown on the globe.
They're new but I don't think they're right. H4 24V 75/70W. Yeah I think plug is burnt out.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah wrong globes. Should be 12v 55w. Could be why the plug burnt out. Need to be careful because unless the loom has been upgraded with new relays installed you can burn out the switch if your run anything above stock

Josephine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Yeah wrong globes. Should be 12v 55w. Could be why the plug burnt out. Need to be careful because unless the loom has been upgraded with new relays installed you can burn out the switch if your run anything above stock
Ah it was burnt out when I plugged it in from this spot light they had mantled on the front. But yeah, knew it was wrong globes but try tell a man he's wrong with the car when you're a female and you just get spoken to like you're insulting them. I'll replace globes and plug and see how I go. Thanks again for your response.