Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Map Update for 2013 Holden Calais V VF Series 2

aussieboxer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 2007
Hey all, I need someone who is in Victoria, or can help me out, as there are some dodgey websites, claiming they sell updated maps, some might be genuine, but when pages not load, and payment methods mean you get no protection, such as no paypal, even mastercard and they only do bank transfer, what protection do we get?? Not sure if anyone has the same car, or their Commodore/SS model/Caprice or Calais or another model, or if they use MyLink in general, for the same updates, I found a site saying they are genuine, and and a SD card for V26 2020 map updates was only $150, and CD was $100. How I would love that to be true, and the fact Holden Dealerships in the majority if not nearly all are not closed and branches out to sell other foreign cars of other makes and models, and sadly not sell Holden anymore, such a shame, to all Australian Governments, especially State Governments, but I wont get to political now.
Can anyone give me a dealership who have the ability to sell me a map update on SD card I assume they are, or a real and true website who sell map updates, and also tell me who are scammers, fake sites and fake sellers where and what social platforms or groups. I just want an update to my awesome Calais. Also can anyone tell me, whether you can get the reversing camera to have grid lines, as odd as it is, the 2013 and others I am sure, not have them, and they can be frustrating, even though I am a great reverser, but no one is perfect. So can you get software or update for that or not??? Please answer me if you can. 1. for the maps 2. About whether you can get software to get gridlines on reverse camera or not. Any other information as 3. So I can jot down the information. Thanks to anyone who can help, as I not want to be ripped off from $500 to $1000 for map updates, where it really is from $99 to $250. Cheers all.. Thanks for the information...

Last edited by a moderator:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Mylink map updates for VF are only available from Holden service centers.
They order a map update, via USB, that is VIN coded to your car. There is no aftermarket support...
SD card updates were for VE's with an IQ fitted, CD/DVD updates were for earlier models.
For reversing gridlines, go to a Holden service center to see if there is an applicable software update for your car.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
2016 is as updated a map you can get on VE S2 with IQ only.

There are only bootleg copies around now.

The car has to be fitted with the IQ nav internals.

I don’t think a modern update exists on CD for the series 1 VE.

Grid lines are done via a Tech2 at a dealership or via services like those offered by Envyous Customs or (maybe) LSextreme.