Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need more HP for my car ?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
oh thats 320kw at the flywheel? sorry i assumed rwkw. thats pretty disappointing the pro flow VZ ute makes 280rwkws with only a single turbo and a half arse tune. VVT tuned off not to mention it's a 175kw motor. i'd say the high compression is limiting boost. 280rwkw would have to be like 350fwkw.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
yeah but thats factory, not aftermarket, with full warranty etc. I'm not sure what aftermarket the US would have for it.

It's not that impressive i know, but neither is the 325kw lsx motors the camaro's have either, wouldn't want a TTV6 that smashes the V8 sales to bits.

Your probably right about the high compression, but 60 or so kw over the port VZ motor.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
yeah but thats factory, not aftermarket, with full warranty etc. I'm not sure what aftermarket the US would have for it.

It's not that impressive i know, but neither is the 325kw lsx motors the camaro's have either, wouldn't want a TTV6 that smashes the V8 sales to bits.

Your probably right about the high compression, but 60 or so kw over the port VZ motor.

Aren't the Camaro's fitted with N/A ls3?? i'd hardly call them unimpressive. don't forget the LS3 is also heavily detuned for it's 325fwkw figure. not to mention the torque of those mothers.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
yeah I know, but comparing stock factory figures vs aftermarket was what i was getting at.

But yeah fair enough haha, I would love to s/c my 6, for something abit different, but V8 might be on the cards anyway eventually.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
hey wat gets me is the sidi does 800km per tank? how big is the tank? as big as my vr, as i get 700km out of a tank easy

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Travelling on a long road, at a constant speed of 100km/h I can get over 1200km out of my tank, it's not hard.

LuminaME

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE Lumina 3.6L
I've just joined to JC's world, and I see the same debate :)

to OP, as you already DID BUY the car (V6) you can start with little bolt-on power adders, CAI/Exhaust/Headers (exctractors). A retuen shall absoulety unlease more gain of these modifications. Then... there is no limit to what you can get with forced induction (you can always buy horsepower).

+1 to kuzman89, a correctly modified/tuned smaller engine > large stock engine on same car ... plus: it costs less, and drinks less fuel ;)