Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need more HP for my car ?

tariq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Usually I will ignore whom answer me wrong " Buy a V8 " because my question was different and very clear and simple !

However ..

Andrew_Guppz : my friend how much the cold air intake cost ? and which brand is the best ?

kuzman89: how much the exhaust cost from Australia to Bahrain with shiping ? 2.5" ? and what do you mean by extractors because this is frist time I heard this word.

Thank you very much marcdon for your comments .. what is the diifrent between airhammer and K&N air filter ( which is ordered already ) and could you please explain extractors !

I think by extractors means the hedars ? is it ?

kuzman89: please ignore these ppl :surprise:

By the way my car 2007 model and its 3.6 and not 3.5 :)

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
lol,

bolt two turbos to the alloy tech, maybe make as much power as a stock l98........

Lol'z at your uselessness.

Your kidding yourself if you think a half-arse chev is going to be faster than a twin-turbo'd alloytec. Pretty sure the boys over at SC would disagree with you on that one.

Get off your V8 high-horse you bloody bogan.

The OP asked as to how to extract extra HP out of his SV6, he didn't ask you your opinion on whether you think its a wise choice (I will however agree that the alloytec isn't a great motor).

Btw: there are qiute a few V6's I know of that would DECIMATE your POS chev-badged barge ( wait, what; he drives a VS?! lol, getting all high and mighty and you don't even own one, fail my friend, just fail).

INVSBL

Lazyboy Productions
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY V8 BERLINA WAGON, 180SX TYPE X, LR DEFENDER 90
lol, i dont drive a chev, im on my p plates, i drive an emotech vs.
holden badges aswell. dont know were the chev badge bit came from?

its a forum, im allowed to express my opinion were ever i feel like it.

and bogan, lulz. wats so bogan bout sugesting getting the performance motor made in the car if u want performance power?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
The twin turbo alloytec in the states makes more torque then the HSV's here do and make 320kw. And they haven't reached their full potential yet either, as they are from factory.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, i dont drive a chev, im on my p plates, i drive an emotech vs.
holden badges aswell. dont know were the chev badge bit came from?

its a forum, im allowed to express my opinion were ever i feel like it.

and bogan, lulz. wats so bogan bout sugesting getting the performance motor made in the car if u want performance power?

Obviously the chev badge bit came from the fact that you were V6 bashing, and going on about how fantastic the new Chevs are.
If you can't follow common logic, I fail to see how you get through the day.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll let that slide, lol.
I have nothing against alloytec bashing (I think it is crap)
But I am inclined to defend the good ol' Buick.

INVSBL

Lazyboy Productions
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY V8 BERLINA WAGON, 180SX TYPE X, LR DEFENDER 90
lol, i know im being an opinionated kent.

but ill be honest, 195kw from a 3.6l v6, with not that much tourqe. its kinda disapointing.
iv been in a vz berlina with the 175kw(?) motor, and i cant believe how hard the gearbox works to make the motor feal like its got tourqe.

plus, this thread didnt need to be started.

he coulda just hit search, getting more power from a 6 is the same as any other motor.

larger intake and zaust, maybe a tune, then ur gonna have to start chaging internals or going boost.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
Don't want to sound like a bitch, but a VE V6 uses less fuel then a V8. Otherwise Holden wouldn't be selling them. I get 6-7l/100km from pakenham to melbourne everyday.

read what the bloke above said mate, yea you might get 6-7/100km, but that is granny footing it, v6 your gonna have to rake it out alot more to get the acceleration you do out of a v8 at half throttle? half throttle usually uses less fuel than full throttle when i went to school

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Don't want to sound like a bitch, but a VE V6 uses less fuel then a V8. Otherwise Holden wouldn't be selling them. I get 6-7l/100km from pakenham to melbourne everyday.

Guess you missed the episode of Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson pitted a 4.0 litre V8 BMW M3 aginst a Prius. The Bimmer used less fuel! :smoking: