Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need more HP for my car ?

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by tariq, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Das_Niklaus

Das_Niklaus New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 UTE
    I think your right about your V6's killing 8's comment mate, I'll be putting a CAPA kit on my SV6 later this year with no intention of trying to smoke V8's, but because I'm interested in what power the 6 can produce. I don't know of anyone who has put forced induction on the SIDI, so it will be interesting to see what differences there are between the 195 and 210 kW engines. Saying that, it will never be an 8, or sound like an 8, but I just want something different. I don't want to **** with it so much that it's undrivable. There is still plenty of life left for buying GTS's and upping them to the point where they shatter nearby car windows...

2. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    What a **** thread, one guy wants to know how he can get abit more HP out of his car, then a bunch of V8 elitist enter, try to defend the V6 and all ya get is :spew:

I never said the V6 will be a V8 killer, BUT STOCK THE V8'S AREN'T THAT FAST.

The VE alloytecs also have vast improvements over the VZ's, but im not getting into that here.

I got the sv6 b4 the fg's were out, yes ive been kicking myself since, thou would much rather a SIDI.

3. R0d

R0d New Member

Members Ride:
    cammed vu maloo r8
  4. monaro327

monaro327 New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
    Mate, i'd recommend if going a fan type blower raptor capa etc. you get the smallest pulley possible fitted and drop the rev limiter down to control the boost. i worked out with the capa you could have like 4psi at 3000rpm or something would just need a rev limiter of 5800rpm otherwise you would over boost. otherwise you wont get use able boost till like 4000rpm. thats my only itch against fan blowers they make great power will be up there close to turbos but they make it too late in the rev range.

5. monaro327

monaro327 New Member

Members Ride:
    if your such a ford fan whats the signature all about? not to mention you comment earlier " i put this signature because there was some ford idiot on ls1 blah blah blah ".

and as for you saying only freak SS run 13.1 how do we know that 14.6 time isn't a freak car. theres been a few guys run there SIDI sv6 at the drags so far i've only see 15.1 and 15.3 times.

i think you need to come down mate. i''ve helped alot of people out with there sv6's even you in the past. i just don't want to give people expectations that aren't realistic i'm by no means a v8 elitist, i'm just a realist.

6. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    I'm defending the V6 coz the guy wants to know how to get more HP out of his car! but like always "should have bought a v8" blahblah, i'd rather the I6 over the port V6, but rather the SIDI over both is all. I totally understand a V8 has better aftermarket, better hp gains etc, but a V6 isn't a deadend like yall making it out to be.

and btw, a guy in his sidi on the ls1 forums with no experience in 1/4mile pulled a 14.9 at calder not long ago, pretty good considering the ****ups

7. SV6SidiUTE

SV6SidiUTE Vroom?

Members Ride:
    MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
    what i wonder even more is how the **** did you end up with an advertisement for ING in your post? lol.. wonder if it will move to the last post after this...look... best thing is wait for that fella above to chuck a supercharger on the sidi and we see what happens...if his bonnet flys off we'll know it's a fail otherwise we're all hitching the ride on the charger express.

8. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    the camaro's are handling 320kw twin turbo's on the direct inject motors, don't see that many issues

9. monaro327

monaro327 New Member

Members Ride:
    Remember american dynos read alot higher then our dyno dynamics and mainlands.

10. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    Thats only rwkw, the kw at the engine or hp at the engine stays the same.

11. monaro327

monaro327 New Member

Members Ride:
    oh thats 320kw at the flywheel? sorry i assumed rwkw. thats pretty disappointing the pro flow VZ ute makes 280rwkws with only a single turbo and a half arse tune. VVT tuned off not to mention it's a 175kw motor. i'd say the high compression is limiting boost. 280rwkw would have to be like 350fwkw.

12. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    yeah but thats factory, not aftermarket, with full warranty etc. I'm not sure what aftermarket the US would have for it.

It's not that impressive i know, but neither is the 325kw lsx motors the camaro's have either, wouldn't want a TTV6 that smashes the V8 sales to bits.

Your probably right about the high compression, but 60 or so kw over the port VZ motor.

13. monaro327

monaro327 New Member

Members Ride:
    Aren't the Camaro's fitted with N/A ls3?? i'd hardly call them unimpressive. don't forget the LS3 is also heavily detuned for it's 325fwkw figure. not to mention the torque of those mothers.

14. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    yeah I know, but comparing stock factory figures vs aftermarket was what i was getting at.

But yeah fair enough haha, I would love to s/c my 6, for something abit different, but V8 might be on the cards anyway eventually.

15. peckzz

peckzz New Member

Members Ride:
    vr series 2 v6
    hey wat gets me is the sidi does 800km per tank? how big is the tank? as big as my vr, as i get 700km out of a tank easy

16. kuzman89

kuzman89 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 ute
    Travelling on a long road, at a constant speed of 100km/h I can get over 1200km out of my tank, it's not hard.

17. LuminaME

LuminaME Member

Members Ride:
    VE Lumina 3.6L
    I've just joined to JC's world, and I see the same debate :)

to OP, as you already DID BUY the car (V6) you can start with little bolt-on power adders, CAI/Exhaust/Headers (exctractors). A retuen shall absoulety unlease more gain of these modifications. Then... there is no limit to what you can get with forced induction (you can always buy horsepower).

+1 to kuzman89, a correctly modified/tuned smaller engine > large stock engine on same car ... plus: it costs less, and drinks less fuel ;)