Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need more HP for my car ?

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
a l98 with xhaust and a tune will get 250-280rwkw and get 550k's to a tank so there not that bad.but for the op get extractors single 2.5 cai and youmight have to get it retuned but should go a bit better

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
no need to the v8 has adequate performance for me

Modded V6 has adequate performance for me, and cheaper to run.

Get a V8 :blah blah: get an xr6t or f6, trumps holdens and hsv's offerings. But thats not what he wanted to know, he wants more HP in his V6, if you don't know anything then get out of the thread.

Dimi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
2010 sv6 ve ute mods help

hey guys i just bought a 2010 6sp manual VE sv6 ute an jus wondering wat engine mods i should do any ideas??
i plan to put get extractors and a full exhaust system any other suggestions??

also, im new to this can sum1 tell me how to make a thread so i can ask the same question

thanks heaps

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
Get a V8 :blah blah: get an xr6t or f6, trumps holdens and hsv's offerings. But thats not what he wanted to know, he wants more HP in his V6, if you don't know anything then get out of the thread.

Thank god I'm not the only one saying that mate

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
supercharger would be the way to go ... but perhaps it's me, however I cringe at the thought of spending money on a 6 when it will always be slower than an 8 ... particularly if you do a cam or forced induction on that!

Each to their own though.

Actually it just reminded me of a 67 or 68 camaro I saw on ebay in the states ... it looked wild ... full custom exterior, interior ... with a twin turbo 1000+HP engine ... BUT IT WAS A FOUR OR SIX CYLINDER nissan or equivalent. I just couldn't do it ... made me cry. Camaros deserve a 502, or 572 ... not a little buzz box engine.

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
I cringe at the thought of spending money on a 6 when it will always be slower than an 8 ... particularly if you do a cam or forced induction on that!
Not everyone needs speed. Besides when the VN first come out, the stock V6 was faster than any stock V8 before it from what I understand.

There have always been arguments that a large 4 cylinder can give 4 cylinder economy with 6 performance. And a reasonable sized V6 -- 3.8L is going to do fairly well on both the performance and economy side of things without needing to be as fast as a V8.

INVSBL

Lazyboy Productions
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY V8 BERLINA WAGON, 180SX TYPE X, LR DEFENDER 90
supercharger would be the way to go ... but perhaps it's me, however I cringe at the thought of spending money on a 6 when it will always be slower than an 8 ... particularly if you do a cam or forced induction on that!

Each to their own though.

Actually it just reminded me of a 67 or 68 camaro I saw on ebay in the states ... it looked wild ... full custom exterior, interior ... with a twin turbo 1000+HP engine ... BUT IT WAS A FOUR OR SIX CYLINDER nissan or equivalent. I just couldn't do it ... made me cry. Camaros deserve a 502, or 572 ... not a little buzz box engine.

lol,

u cant compare the 2JZ motor (inline twin turbo 6cyl) that was in that comaro to the aussie v6's. thats like comparing a carbie 5l to cammed ls2.

and fyi, a 2JZ isnt a buzz box motor lol. might aswell cal fours turbo barra a buzz box.

but thats extremely off topic.

on topic

bolt two turbos to the alloy tech, maybe make as much power as a stock l98........

mug1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman V8
I have been on both sides of the fence I can say that having a V6 is the better way to go all you have to do is getting the engine to breathe better and exhaust and extractors will help the V6 even more because daily driving at 60kph and having to stop in traffic the V8's hate traffic how do I know this because I have a V6 and a V8