Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need more HP for my car ?

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
^^^ Me. (jokes)

And 'peckzz': "3.8L is going to do fairly well on both the performance and economy side of things without needing to be as fast as a V8."

This is the statement where he refers to economy, and it is the same statement i was refering to.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
What planet do you live on??

I said fwy driving, who uses FULL THROTTLE ON THE FREEWAY???

:banstick:

haha well the whole forum is talking about performance, and here you are talking about freeway driving LOL, yea 6's mite be better on highway than a v8, but we are tlaking about getting the same power out and fuel consumtion out of a v6 compared to v8

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
^^^ Me. (jokes)

And 'peckzz': "3.8L is going to do fairly well on both the performance and economy side of things without needing to be as fast as a V8."

This is the statement where he refers to economy, and it is the same statement i was refering to.

oh ok sorry didnt see that one, i just seen the part about more power than any previous factory v8, which is incorrect thats all

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Any previous Holden V8 i think he was referring to. And yes that is also incorrect as the 'black' 5ltr out of the VL had 145kw or so from the factory.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
haha well the whole forum is talking about performance, and here you are talking about freeway driving LOL, yea 6's mite be better on highway than a v8, but we are tlaking about getting the same power out and fuel consumtion out of a v6 compared to v8

No, one guy was saying "the v8 uses less fuel then the v6"

I pulled him up on his sprouting.

Also, a turbo 6 of the same power will most likely use less fuel then a V8 if done correctly, as shown with the xr6t and f6.

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
read what the bloke above said mate, yea you might get 6-7/100km, but that is granny footing it, v6 your gonna have to rake it out alot more to get the acceleration you do out of a v8 at half throttle? half throttle usually uses less fuel than full throttle when i went to school

Yes thank you, you hit the nail on the head. I do see the answer he was after with the usual mods of CAI, Exhaust, Retune. It will get a marginal increase any more than that you are going to have to spend the big bucks. A mate has built him self a turbocharged holden V6, its a full house combo. Power glide, wolf ems, stroked, big huffer, now he owns a very very quick V6 with no reliability he cant even drive it down the shops, every time he takes it to a track it spends more time in the garage. Now he was telling me he wishes that he built an eight with the stupid amounts he had spent and wishes he listened to everyone else when he was running around telling everyone he wanted to be different. To all the people who cant hack the v8 mumbo jumbo, ITS THE GOD DAMM TRUTH. Im not meaning to get on the wrong side with people but some of us have been there many times before and we strive to give out correct advise to others. If you want 4 cylinder economy go buy a Honda. In saying that if all the hondaphobes out there were given the option of a V6 in there cars im sure the four cylider would be dropped by many. Its clear and simple the same car is avalible with a bigger more powerful engine so why would you put yourself behind the eight ball and buy a V6 for preformance.

The thread title is "Need more HP for my car ? "

If you need more hp buy a V8, If you need fuel economy buy a Honda.
If you like the power and economy of the V^6 keep it but dont expect it to be a rocket ship.

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
picard-facepalm.jpg

INVSBL

Lazyboy Productions
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY V8 BERLINA WAGON, 180SX TYPE X, LR DEFENDER 90
so all the people iv ever spoken to bout anything automtive/holden performance wise are trolls?

seriously.

unless u have big bucks, the question dosnt need to be asked.

getting more power out of a motor is the same no matter what it is.

search the forum, it will be on here.

i dont think thats a trolls answer.