Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need more HP for my car ?

tariq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hi tariq,
Air hammer Cold air intake from Holden are $480 they are cheaper online though from the Air hammer site.

Also Mace Cold Air intake manifold insulators they are i think $150 or somewhere around that mark and they claim to add 10hp to a car they have tested them on. They are forum sponsors otherwise just type in mace engineering in Google.

If you didn't want to go Cold Air intake try an aftermarket air filter i put a K & N one in my 09 VE V6 and it made a noticeable difference for only $99

Help this helps you out a bit.

thank you Andrew for your comments, i've ordered a K&N air filter.

tariq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
The twin turbo alloytec in the states makes more torque then the HSV's here do and make 320kw. And they haven't reached their full potential yet either, as they are from factory.

Where i can get this twin turbo and what is the cost ?

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
the cost to set up a twin turbo system correctly 10k+

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
No worries tariq, im going to get the mace cai manifold insulators in next few weeks ill let you know if they are worth it.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
No, one guy was saying "the v8 uses less fuel then the v6"

I pulled him up on his sprouting.

Also, a turbo 6 of the same power will most likely use less fuel then a V8 if done correctly, as shown with the xr6t and f6.

yes that is at pussy throttle level, they dont tell you when booting what it is, my brother had a ba mk2 xr6 turbo, and it had the fuel to 100km thing on the dash, when he would put his foot flat it would go up to 29 litres /100km, so really if you want power out of a six its not worth it in the long run unless you have shares in shell or sum where, its cheaper to get an 8 (plus alot lot cheaper to get power) as some bloke stated it costs 10k for twin turbo set up on v6 commy, thats only way you can get real power out of these engines or supercharging them, and still that is only just keeping up with todays v8's and the power of them, and they are stock standard, im sure a stock 6.2 litre will use less fuel than a 315kw supercharged 6, im dead sure on this one
and then there is reliability as well, a full blown 6 or a mild 8 honestly

also off the subject a little, has any one actually looked into injector sizes, the vt supercharger injectors allow 370cc of flow and the ls1 v8 allows 250cc, i know there are 2 extra injectors in the v8, but look at this

6x370=2220 flow over all 6 injectors
8x250=2000 flow over all 8 injectors

im not sure if this is right how they measure the amount of fuel flow is the cc part? im not sure, here is my source

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BOSCH-FUEL-I...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3357cb3857

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VS-VT-V6-SUP...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5190db8edf

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
yes that is at pussy throttle level, they dont tell you when booting what it is, my brother had a ba mk2 xr6 turbo, and it had the fuel to 100km thing on the dash, when he would put his foot flat it would go up to 29 litres /100km

mine goes up to like 50L/100 when you flat foot it and press that little bit further, however it's only an estimation of what you would use if you continued accelerating at that rate, noting that accelerating is different to maintaining that speed, and also that acceleration of that magnitude is physically impossible to maintain in any such vehicle for more than a few seconds.
Don't take what you see on those little gadgets too literally.

Anyway, just my $0.02.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Most VE ss's are 200-220rwkw

A SIDI VE is around 160-180rwkw. A tune will see it around 190-200rwkw, and use MUCH less fuel, and wiegh lighter.

Drive in drive out s/c is $4000 - $6000, without any other mods, you will see 250rwkw EASY, though advisable to get better exhaust, cai etc. Im not saying the V6 is better btw, v8 has more potential, but it still costs more, by the time u s/c a v6, it comes out roughly the same or abit more expensive to a v8.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
Most VE ss's are 200-220rwkw

A SIDI VE is around 160-180rwkw. A tune will see it around 190-200rwkw, and use MUCH less fuel, and wiegh lighter.

Drive in drive out s/c is $4000 - $6000, without any other mods, you will see 250rwkw EASY, though advisable to get better exhaust, cai etc. Im not saying the V6 is better btw, v8 has more potential, but it still costs more, by the time u s/c a v6, it comes out roughly the same or abit more expensive to a v8.
yea i just know what superchargers and fuel are like, just as bad as a v8 if you open them up, but all depends on what type of driving you plan on doing i spose

why not just get a v8 supercharged lol, im sure that would blow the fuel eco out the window

and also the sidi engine is 157 rwkw, and that is the 210 kw calais motor, 200 rwkw with just a tune is asking a little bit, that is 43 rwkw gain just from a tune, and they are pretty much the same weight as the sv8, as the sv8's goes better than a ss in 0-100 km because they weigh less as they dont have the luxury of a ss or clubsport, its writtin in the motor magizine or something, but there should be a thread started on v6 vs v8 honestly

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
yea i just know what superchargers and fuel are like, just as bad as a v8 if you open them up, but all depends on what type of driving you plan on doing i spose

why not just get a v8 supercharged lol, im sure that would blow the fuel eco out the window

and also the sidi engine is 157 rwkw, and that is the 210 kw calais motor, 200 rwkw with just a tune is asking a little bit, that is 43 rwkw gain just from a tune, and they are pretty much the same weight as the sv8, as the sv8's goes better than a ss in 0-100 km because they weigh less as they dont have the luxury of a ss or clubsport, its writtin in the motor magizine or something, but there should be a thread started on v6 vs v8 honestly

I've seen a 173rwkw motor and a 182rwkw SIDI motor. This are fast from factory. Can show a dyno graph also. These are downtuned from 230kw, the camaro's are getting around 247kw with just a tune and filter change. It won't be faster, but they are 100kg or more lighter, so the gap is closing pretty fast when you take that into account.

I'm not comparing it to an earlier model, because you get way too many variables, strictly VE.

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
I've seen a 173rwkw motor and a 182rwkw SIDI motor. This are fast from factory. Can show a dyno graph also. These are downtuned from 230kw, the camaro's are getting around 247kw with just a tune and filter change. It won't be faster, but they are 100kg or more lighter, so the gap is closing pretty fast when you take that into account.

I'm not comparing it to an earlier model, because you get way too many variables, strictly VE.

detuned from 230kw, the sv6 is quoted at 210kw i think.. which is at is at the motor i assume...so we just need someone who can tuned these and unleash 20kw, add exhaust/extractors,cai and should be a nice incresae in power...the question how much would it affect fuel usage???