Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need my new key programmed to car. Vx 2002 wagon.

Brendanwinter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx wagon
I have tried many different thing, each costing me money with no result..first got an locksmith auto, to cut new key but he couldnt program it to car (he started saying gotta replace this gotta replace that) I told him to eat a ...... tried buying a module connected thing that flashes yellow than ment to turn green to sync with key..But it turned red instead. Nothing is working and I talked to a guy he said I need someone with a tech2 gm scanning tool to fix my problem. Can anyone send me in the right direction l. Why can't a auto electrician fix my problem..

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If your original fob wont disarm your alarm then you cant use a map reprograming or everyone be stealing cars. Have you just replaced barrel all did u change your bcm? If your light is flashing on the trip thing on the dash then you can not reprogram until you disarm. best bet is get a 3v battery and replace it in your key fob.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you don't have your original fob to match your bcm then you will need to get a bcm and ecu with its fob matching the number on your bcm box.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Take it a Holden stealership and they can program a new key fob to the BCM.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
tried buying a module connected thing that flashes yellow than ment to turn green to sync with key..But it turned red instead. Nothing is working and

Sounds like you bought one of those MAP brand fob programming tools. Works perfectly with the matching MAP replacement key fobs.

The red light means the programming failed. The instructions say the tools allows you 3 successful programing uses so you should still be able to program three new MAP replacement key fobs with it.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Take it a Holden stealership and they can program a new key fob to the BCM.

that's true ,, but last time time I had this done wasn't charged a cent , did it while I waited too , was done by the service manager though .

seveprim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Just contact your insurance tell them you lost your keys (technically you have) they should cover replacement / programming. As they don't want spare keys out in the wild in case someone uses it to take the car.