Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Need new lifters for cam?

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
My lifters are a bit noisy and i want to replace them soon, but i can't afford the cam and associated bits just yet. If i put in new lifters now, would they be ok for a new cam in a few months?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
should be ok as long as the cam isnt badly scored wouldnt want to run them on an old rough cam and have them damage a newly ground one.but should be fine

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
In a V6 yes it's fine, they run roller lifters so you can reuse them no problem, if it's a 5 litre then it's a bit risky but doable if they don't do many ks

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah but I don't like to do VS's too often :) they can be a bit of a pain due to the huge variation in them (most like to play with handfulls more timing than others and it gets a bit anoying) so I don't do tooo many of them due to the time it takes to find the just right setup for the car

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think everyones in the same boat as me:) They seem to all tune to the cars that might give troubles and everyone else misses out. I'm not willing to do that though. So I'm just doing them once in a while and sorting out each car as I go

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Just a question, save me making a new topic. Do i need any special tools to remove the lifters from the bores? Got a set of rollers ready to go in. Also what do i use in the way of pre-lube?