Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need pro help with SV6 exhaust....

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hello, ye sorry I didn't post in the SV6 exhaust thread but I attempted but didn't know what to pushed

Anyway, I went to the local exhaust guy and he told me that for $900 he could put a system on thy would sound good. I don't trust him.. I need to know from a professional on here or someone who has got a nice soundin exhaust on their SV6. I don't know the technical stuff like what a 2.5" or 2.25 means other that the exhaust diameter?

I think a cat back system means you unbolt everything after the catalytic converter and re bolt the new system on from there, the the extractors ad whatever else there is after them stays factory...

Are these systems ok?? Or does a full systems actually sound heaps better????

Thanks

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
What you need from him is brand names, diametor, wether hes talking about a cat-back or the whole system. For $900 hes probably talking about a very average cat back system you could pick up from ebay ect..

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
What you need from him is brand names, diametor, wether hes talking about a cat-back or the whole system. For $900 hes probably talking about a very average cat back system you could pick up from ebay ect..

He said red back an other names I've heard before. So you think I can easily install a cat back myself at home??

And when I'm looking for exhaust, what do I look for?? Stuff like a redback 2.5" cat back etc???

Thanks

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cat backs are piss easy to intall, not sure with VE's but all the earlyer models its just matter of swapping them over

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
And just have a look on ebay and search VE sv6 cat back exhaust. Then check out some prices! But before you buy make sure its for the right model ect

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Send Not An Abba Fan a PM and he can hook you up with a Manta cat back system at a much better price than you were quoted.

Ohk thanks boys, I'll chek out eBay or ask this guy that quoted me Wat he can get in..

Troy, I don't know how to PM that guy but I'm happy to do a deal with him cause I know he's not gonna rip me. I'm in Melbourne if he's not he can just post it yea??

Also, I might have acces to a hoist but if not can it be done without jack stands?? It's just from the catalytic back to the tail pipes yea??

And lastly bro, what's is the best quality loud sound for my SV6 in terms of pipe size?? Like 2.5" or 3"????

Thanks heaps helpful as fu**

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jack stands are fine mate if your happy to wiggle around on the ground. Its a straight forward job.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dont go 3inch, way too big. As its a twin system id go 2.25 inch pipes. 2.5 max