Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need pro help with SV6 exhaust....

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
The first two pipes go into the middle muffler, then the last is the rear mufflers(resonators) to the tip. The catalitic converters are futher up and not on that piping at all, all that piping connect to the cats if you get me.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
I will stand to be corrected though, im not too familiar with VE exhaust set ups.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Never put in a J pipe, biggest piece of over noisy droney crap in existance and from the cats back still has a decent impact on back pressure. Uf you want minimal drone get rear resinators

HoldenOn, these j pipes are for v8's only!, its a helmholtz chamber and works by cancelling out frequency resonance (approx 115hz for the V8), as for the six they would sound like **** (and dont work!) and to say you are not familiar with the ve exhaust setup! I have a set on my V8 and they sound great, as far as the V6 goes speak to Not an abba fan, dont go past 2.5 inch, see if you can get some info from other V6 drivers,
there is an exhaust thread for V6's at the start of the VE section, enjoy your ride its yours:smoking:

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh okay, well i wasn't aware that J pipes were a V8 thing. Ive heard a few v6 VE's with J pipes and they sounded absolutely horrid.

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So every one talkin bout this not an abba fan guy, where do i find him??

i have all the info i need now but, so i can go to this exhaust guy and see if he can get me a 2.25" cat back system with a good brand.

I assume good brands are :

Xforce
Borla
Blitz
Red back???

Nuddy989

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
+1 for manta systems. they make good stuff

send not_an_abba_fan a pm.. i'm surprised he hasn't already commented on here lol