Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Purchase advice please :)

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman, 2013 VE II SV6 Thunder Ute.
Hi all. Im looking at buying a 1998 VS III Statesman and i would like some advice from ya'll about what you guys think, common problem, what to look for and whether or not i should go for it. I've found one that fits my budget perfectly. Heres a link of the car im after.

1998 HOLDEN STATESMAN (No Badge) VS III Sedan Private Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au

It has 275,000km (dad said he can get an engine and a tranny and fitted for 800 bux in the near future) pedders suspension, 17 inch rims ( i think its a perfect size) Sub, amp, stereo painted calipers (which was everything i had on my to do list except for exhaust.) the car is already half done for me. The rear muffler is no good (works in my favour, i can put in my 2.5" catback)

I dont know if i should take it with roadworthy or not. dunno what is hiding underneath. Im currently waiting for my VX calais to sell so i can make the purchase. This is the one im leaning towards but im afraid im buying a lemon. ive got no experience with these things. Im pretty sure you guys can tell a lemon from a great car. All up it looks clean all electrics work. Id go see it but its 200km away from me. I thought it would be better if i got some advise before going for it.

Lemme know what ya think :) Cheers.:surprise:

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Why would you sell your VX Calais for this if you dont mind me asking?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Keep the VX Calais, That looks like a piece of ****...

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm Im thinking exactly the same to be honest. I saw a mates statesman and thought it was awesome. Looks good (same colour silver) and is very comfy. Thats the reason im selling (no reason i guess) But I guess I dont know what I have till its gone.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
YES KEEP THE VX CALAIS !! A much much better car, you want to sell your newer car for a older car that you have no idea what the history is. Dont do it lol

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
Especially at $4000,
Interior looks tidy, but the car looks like a BRICK

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I agree the vs looks shabby ive got a vr exec and it to is crap im buying a vy next year

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
The trip computer is displaying 23.2L to 100kms. I know they are not accurate but someone will probably see that and think thats how much fuel it uses.

Oh nice pickup thanks for that. I had just filled it up with fuel and reset the kms. As you can see from The photos the car is on a mountain top. Very steep hill to drive up onto

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2