Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some advice.

GenoCide

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Calais
So I've had my car fully resprayed and repaired a few dints, the guy who done it has alot of years under his belt I payed him $4500 to have the car completely done I had to drop it off on Saturday to have all the imperfections done and it has come back to me in a horrible state the reverse cowl is beginning to crack and lift one of the inside doors is horrible few paint gun drips and to top it all off the roof appears to be scratched all over I messaged him stating the above after almost a heated 30 minutes back and forth he tells me to **** off and blocks me...what are my options? I have photos the entire conversation is recorded well the texts are...any help would be greatly appreciated.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Sorry to hear mate but all I can say is you get what you pay for. $4.5k today would be equal to a $500 blow over back in the 80's.
Is this bloke operating from a panel shop or just a backyard butcher?
You may have some recourse through the office of fair trading or whatever it is called in your state or territory if he is operating a registered business.
If he is a backyarder and/or the job was a cashie then the Tax Dept would love to know who he is, just sayin'.

GenoCide

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Calais
Sorry to hear mate but all I can say is you get what you pay for. $4.5k today would be equal to a $500 blow over back in the 80's.
Is this bloke operating from a panel shop or just a backyard butcher?
You may have some recourse through the office of fair trading or whatever it is called in your state or territory if he is operating a registered business.
If he is a backyarder and/or the job was a cashie then the Tax Dept would love to know who he is, just sayin'.

He works for a local panel and beater here in my town he also runs his own gig called empire motorsports search on Facebook and had my car on his page for advertisement since I called him out he has removed the car from his page... dunno what that was about deleting evidence who knows. Everything was done in the workshop his employer runs..