Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some answers

Keegan1

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs commodore v6 3.8
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can give me some answers here. My 96 vs v6 started driving hot a while back so I have cleaned up the cooling system. New inlet gasket, new water pump, new radiator, new coolant sensor and a few other items changed over as well. Where I am stuck is the fan will not click over. I've tested the fan motor and the fan runs, all fuses are fine and not blown. The air conditioning also runs fine without fan kicking in. Can anyone give me some ideas of where my next steps might be to get the fan running again.

Keegan1

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs commodore v6 3.8
Didn't test the individual relay although knowing the horn relay worked swapped that one into the fan relay and still no luck

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
dtc-92-wiring-diagram-jpg.117739

should the low speed relay be a 5 pin relay from memory the pin configuration is different to the horn relay check the pin outs of the relays. check the temp senosor also search on here you'll find the specs to it, usually as its about $30 most blokes replace it also.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Check for melting around where the fan relay pushes in. The terminals get tarnished and eventually burn out as they stop making good contact.

Keegan1

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs commodore v6 3.8
I was thinking my next move was going to be relays. I'll check them out in the next couple of days and let you guys know how I go. Thanks for your responses guys