Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some engine info pleeeeeeeeeaaaassseee

oyamum

Reaction score
ok guys so i needed a little info on some engine choices.... i have an 86mdl mazda b2000 that has a vn series 1 v6 engine and 4spd auto she has had this setup for many years and is all legal and engineered however the engine is getting old and iv been thinkin of replacing it now i would rather put in a ecotec v6 so the question i have is how different is the later v6 now as she is at the moment the only custom things that were needed for the vn swap was a reshaped sump and a custom oil pickup thats it so i the questions i have are..
1) are the engine mounts the same?
2) will i be able to re-use my sump?
3) is there much differance in the wiring?
4) will it bolt up to the vn auto?
and anything else that may be different that i may have forgotten....

thanks in advance....

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i think the mounts are the same
sump will pretty much bolt straight on just need the vn style gasket
wiring you need to drill and tap a hole for the inlet air temp sensor in the inlet manifold and buy an adaptor for the vn coolant sensor as they are different and extend the wires as required
auto should bolt up fine
will need a chip tuned for the ecotech if you plan on running the vn ecu still its the best way to do it too much hassle swapping to the VS ecu in my opinion.finding the tune to suit ecotech will be the hardest part i know someone who's about to tune there ecotech running on a vn ecu in june so there may be a tune floating round later for one.someone may have a tune made on here allready though

oyamum

Reaction score
oh thats awsome thanks alot mate i was worried it was gonna be a massive job but doesnt seem to bad thanks again mate and if ya wouldnt mind keep me posted about the tune

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
oh thats awsome thanks alot mate i was worried it was gonna be a massive job but doesnt seem to bad thanks again mate and if ya wouldnt mind keep me posted about the tune

I believe a squeakotech has alredy been tuned on the VN ecu..

get in touch with 'nicefrog' on ebay about a Ecotec tune to suit a VN ecu :)

oyamum

Reaction score
cheers mate ill look into it