Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some help have a series 1vp

Joseph annesley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore
Have a VP been siting for a while runs but runs rough after 30 secs then check engine light comes on have changed and cleaned fuel tank filter and pump new leads plugs dfi mat sensor map sensor throttle body crank angle sensor done a code check comes up 42 checked my computer when light comes on car idles up immediately and it is like it is gonna run out of fuel after about ten mins clears up and light goes away like nothing is wrong till I turn it off then it repeats could it be oxygen sensor

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I reckon a connector is playing up when it gets a bit warm. I'd clean the ignition system connectors with contact cleaner and reassemble them with WD40. Maybe start with the DFI and crank angle connectors & check their wiring for anything that may earth out when it gets hot.

Joseph annesley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore
Thanks for ur info that was my thought as well. I will try this tomorrow morning and let u know. Cause at the moment I'm at a loss

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
O2 sensor codes are 44 and 45. $2 is electronic spark timing according to my Gregorys. Having said that a new O2 sensor can't hurt the general running of the car

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Sorry about the quality

Attachments

• CEL Code 42.pdf
    249.8 KB · Views: 173