Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need some help on cheap mods

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Hey how u all going? ive only owned a vr v6 94model for about 2months nowm it already has a full exhaust system, thats all i know is what has been done to it but it seems to go alot harder than a stock vr/vs/vx and it sounds alot like a 5L so im not sure whats done to it but i would like to do a cheap few mods so if anyone can help me out on what there is to do and how much they ruffley cost it would be a big help

Cheers james

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Mate, good work is not cheap, and cheap work is not good!!! If you want Brad to spend some time on your car then you will be looking at a custom twin turbo kit or something close to. He is just about to finish a twin turbo vr v6 stroked to 4.2 with all the fruit and expected to make over 500rwhp. If you are set on cheap, you are going to have to do the labour yourself. Look at a good cia like a v6 sc setup or a mace engineering cia, and a set of high ratio rockers. they will simulate a larger spec cam and give you more performance. If you want more info Id suggest calling mace engineering or check their website. Otherwise no performance workshop like Enhanced or any orther you can find are going to offer you anything super cheap

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
i think i posted that in the wrong place but as i meant cheap is like CAI maybe a computer chip or anything i can do my self on the weekends i didn't mean cheap like in $10mods or anything i mean like stuff that will cost up to 200-400 buks and that but just not like thousands and thousands of dollars that's all, quick questions what are rolla rockers and were do they go

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
go get the cold air intake from holden man, also get the moddified bottom half of the air box, saves u having to cut ur stock one , then get a K&n panel filter aswell :thumbsup:

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
hit up greenfoam for a custom tune, best $100 i ever spent.

You could go for some performance leads, and change your spark plugs while your at it.

Strut brace reduces body roll on these cars HEEEEEEEEEAPS.

Also look for some comfy seats out of a senator/clubsport/ss/calais etc. Piece of piss to install, and does wonders over the standard seats

hope that helps

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Get yourself a memcal tune, probably around $100, grab yourself a CAI, go to Holden spare parts and tell them you need a CAI for VS Supercharged V6. It's an over the radiator style, and will set you back between $60-80, depending on where you live...So far that's all under 200 bucks and you can do it yourself, and it will look stock..ish- Performance Plugs and leads ,each to thier own i guess, but i'd reccomend them.

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
thanks guys when i brought the car the bottom half of the box has already been cut out im not sure why that is, and its also had blue leads to, i just changed the spark plugs about 2weeks ago to the platinum one i think they were it runs really good, but i think it could do with a good tune and service i havent done one on it yet but thats next to come when i get time change the oils and oil filter and fuel filter and what not