Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some help

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Hey i have searched a few times and cant find anything on it but can someone please help on how to take off drives side front guard and drives door as i am in need of replacing it but cant work out how to remove them

thanks

James

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
to remove door first locate the electrical connector in behind kick panel & withdraw from body. easier with 2 people punh the two pins from the hinges.installation is reverse.
to remove gaurd romove the large phillips head screws under bonet ,the brace in front of wheel,bolts from under the bumper into the gaurd 1 bolt under sill & phiilips head or small bolts from inner gaurd.the gaurd is easier to get off with door removed first . onelast bolt on the pillar between the door hinges

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
cheers mate thanks for that i just wanted to ask b4 i go pulling things off and made a mistake

thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
the gaurd is easier to get off with door removed first

How so? I think it would be easier the other way around... guard then door, much better access to the hinges. You may need a special tool to remove the pins.

To remove guard, remove front bar and inner guard first. then its just a matter removing all the bolts holding it on.