Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Some Help

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Ok well i havent had my car a week yet ( VS ) but im using the stock system. I would like to upgrade it but i dont have heaps of money to spend. I have a sony deck that was hardly used. It wasnt very expensive it was in my brothers old car for about 3 months. I think it was around $300. I want something that will sound alot better than the stock system but i dont think i will have the money for subs as of yet. I was wondering what you guys reccomend i was just thinking of putting in some 6x9's and running them through a cheaper amp. I may add sub's and better speakers later on down the track. But for now i want your opinion's on what i should do keep in mind i dont have alot of money but i still want decent quality and sound. I will have to pay for install for the deck and what ever else i purchase because i have no clue and dont have alot of time to fiddle around. Thanks in advance BeastVS

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
well try starting off with a headunit and new speakers, they dont kick bigtime but atm im just running 4x 6.5"s and a pioneer mp3 unit, its not the loudest, its not bassy but it works and i can hear it over road noise so in all honesty im happy. the great thing about keeping with my 6.5's is if i wanted to pull those speakers and re-mount the stock items its no problem at all :)

be wary when going for a 6.5" speaker however as some have larger cages or a 4 point mounting hole rather than a 3point. as such will not fit in directly without some modding

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
When you go to buy some speakers take one of the stockies with you so that you can compare the basket size and be sure they will fit. You'll be hard pressed to find any with 3 mounting holes as 4 seems to be standard. This isnt a big problem though because you can easily drill a couple of extra holes in the door pod to mount them and still be able to return it to stock if need be.