Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need some help..

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
hey guys.. my mum just broke the one and only key to the hilux lmao. we need a new ignition barrel and locks.. asap.. and there arnt any wreckers out here for atleast 300km.. wondering if anyone out there has any or could get some? mums running round now frantic lol poor ol girl :p.. so yeah any help would be awsome.. thanks.. its a 1992 toyota hilux ute.. thanks

james.

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
thanks heaps :D

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Why not take one of the door locks to a locksmith & he can cut you some new keys to suit.

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
they can do that?? kool lol i didnt no that.. ill give that a shot.. thanks :thumbsup:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
No worries. I had the same problem with my old HG sedan & it was the only way out. In most cars you cannot remove the ignition barrel without the key so it cant be easily stolen. This makes replacing the locks a pain in the ass.

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
yeah it is a pain. atm we cant lock the ute and i have pushed the end of the key into the bottom of the barrel so that we can still start the dam thing.. *shakes head* i told mum yesterday to get a key cut and mothers being mothers lol.. didnt do what i aid and the key broke today lmao.. the only one we got.... o well.. i guess she will listen to me next time? :p