Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some info on Keys.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
I think the spare key for the commo may have been stolen. Now as it was done in my driveway they know where the car lives.

My question is can Holden reprogram the car and key so even if the spare key is attempted to be used to steal the car it will not start.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
you would need to change all your locks and ignition barrel id assume, and just get your new keys programmed for the car. might cost a bit, but in the mean time id be careful where you leave your car if your certain someone has your spare.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
you would need to change all your locks and ignition barrel id assume, and just get your new keys programmed for the car. might cost a bit, but in the mean time id be careful where you leave your car if your certain someone has your spare.

Yeah that's what I thought, just hoped that it it could be done. Its not worth the money to do it and I'm not certain that it was stolen but there is a strong possibility.
Yeah have my Falcon behind it so nothing can happen.

Thanks

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Maybe try putting a kill switch on the fuel pump so if they start it it wont go far.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
not hard to do yourself. fuel pump is the purple wire running down the drivers side of the car. cut it, extend the wires and put a switch on it hidden somewhere. you could also put a switch on the park/neutral switch for your gearbox