Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need some inspiration for my new daily

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hey guys as some might know my caprice was defected and found some more stuff that needed attending to and due to my rego being cancelled for not fixing it in the required time ive decided to keep it off the road for quite some time so...

i bought myself a VB SL/E 253 as a new daily work hack but being the car enthusiest i am i dont think ill be able to keep my hands off it :p

it is my daily so nothing major just want to tidy her up a bit.. paint is a lil faded so i already have cut and polish ready for when i pick it up this arvo and im ordering a set of gilmer drives because i just love the sound, im also chucking my 20" wires on it from the caprice and putting superlows all round...

im just after a lil inspiration on little things to make it look a lil nicer so if you guys have any hints for the early girl it would be much appreciated... oh and this is also my first carby car so it will be a learning experience with that too :p

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
Personally I wouldn't worry so much about looks, I like performance and drivability. Hang a pair of turbos on that 253. If you don't boost it too hard you shouldn't have to touch the guts of it. But each to their own i guess.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
20's wont fit easy i thnk you need spacers and stuff i did for my vl

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
post some pics mate

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol jakbob its only a daily im not planning on going nuts on it just a lil tidy up so it doesnt look like i just drove it out of a really bad neighbourhood :p

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
hres the only pic i have of it so far...

Attachments

• 29032009696.jpg
    29032009696.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 207

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
lol jakbob its only a daily im not planning on going nuts on it just a lil tidy up so it doesnt look like i just drove it out of a really bad neighbourhood :p

Lol you should see my VC daily driver than! Rust, flaky faded paint, did have a mix and match of 14" steel wheels but it looks a bit better now with 15s and vt hubcaps. Its got a bullbar too. Not to mention the AC/DC sticker in the rear windscreen. Christ knows what sort of neighbour hood I just drove out of.
But, I don't give a rats arse about what anybody thinks. Saves a lot of money!

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha awesome bout the acca dacca sticker :p i might get some pursuities for mine too...