Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore 04 series II Executive
Hey everyone i got my VY sedan a few weeks ago and ive got some money together any tips on some things i could do to get some more power out of my car ? exhaust seems a good place to start but i was looking for some more ideas short of a turbo. Prices and or places in perth i should inquire about would be great information as well.

I am capable of diy mods but in an effort to reduce police or worse parental attention id prefer to leave it to the experts but am always interested : D

Bolt on supercharger was my friends best bet but im sure people that actually have cars would be more help :) thanks.

p.s if it helps its a stock V6 3.8 vy commodore series 2 executive.

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
roller rockers, intake, exhaust, machined throttle body, cam if funds allow, high stall, shift kit,

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
go the supercharger the above mods will give you 20-30kw and leave you wanting more after you spend a fair few grand

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
judging by ur name your on ur p's in which case you can only do the small things that tentvy said however if you get high ratio rockers im pretty sure u cant get a cam

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
I think crow cams do a cam designed especially for cars with high ratio roller rockers. correct me if im wrong.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
The cheapest way to make it go faster is to replace the airfilter, fuel filter, reset the ECU, change the diff to a 3.73 or 4.11, put some good quality petrol in it and push the accelerator pedal harder. Oh and remove weight from the car, that helps.

Seriously don't even bother with modifying a V6 on P's - all you will succeed in doing is making it sound like a wet fart and waste all your money. I know people who spent thousands on rockers, intake, bigger/twin throttle, exhaust, tune and they put their car on a dyno and it made 5rwkw more then stock.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I agree with TMM Mate, do you few little cheap things like has been said, air filter some diff gears maybe a shift kit etc, but dont try get power from an n/a v6. For the same or less money you could just get a blower or a turbo when your off your p's.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Id agree with the above and honestly just save ur $$ for a better performance car bit later on.
Btw in WA on P plates u can own/drive anything u want no restrictions

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Hey mate best bang for your buck i reackon would be some diff gears and a lsd maybe look at 3,9s or 4,11s,