Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need some serious help and opinions please!!!

Thessman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss s2
hey guys, so i have a white VX SS which ATM only has a set of 18s on it. ive got a few visual mods in mind but i just wanted some opinion and help in telling me if its possible, how hard it is, etc. im lowering it very shortly with SL in the rear and LOWS in the front (i like the car to sit tough not slammed) and im also thinking of shaving the spoiler and either leaving it shaved or replacing it with a VT senator boot lip. ive only seen this done on a silver VT commodore so i wanted to know how it would go on my car. also, im thinking of putting black altezza headlights in, angel eyes or normal whatever is better, and VZ front quarter panel flute guards. any input you guys may have would be MUCH appreciatted. thanks :). oh, and any other ideas u may have would be cool to.

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Alright.

- Altezza angel eye headlights, there are a few cars in the VT-VX ride section that have them, head over there for a browse and see what they're like on the car.
- Altezza tail-lights, if your going black, wouldn't they look out of place against a white boot garnish.
- VZ front flutes, look great, will be doing this to mine, not sure how hard it is to do but.
- Spoiler, I can't help sorry, I dislike them, but each to their own :)

Thessman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss s2
Thanks mate, I don't think I'd touch altezza tail lights, I'll probably just tint them slightly.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
when lowing it, go sl all round, dont even go lows,

even try fe2 if thats easyer too.

headlights look great too the angel eyes, them or monaro are the choice out of all ones.

rear, best to go calais lights...

vz gaurds would look great but geting them to suit with paint might be more then you think. and fitting not as simple to get it to all line up and gap it all right...... so been tolled, never tryed it

no wing looks the best in my eyes, but all up to u....
may be illegal if removing the wing if its got a light on it. ull need a 3th brake light some how. seen ppl just put a red neon up in there window as a light....

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
leave the ss headlights in as they look tough!!

ive seen a white ss with genuine black monaro lights and to be honest i thought it looked bloody sexy!

i have SSL's on my s pack and it doesnt look slammed at all.. it has a tough stance... i have 17inch ss rims and the edge of the guards sit just level with the top of my tyres

try find my car in the ride section if you wanna see how low it sits

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
leave the ss headlights in as they look tough!!

ive seen a white ss with genuine black monaro lights and to be honest i thought it looked bloody sexy!

i have SSL's on my s pack and it doesnt look slammed at all.. it has a tough stance... i have 17inch ss rims and the edge of the guards sit just level with the top of my tyres

try find my car in the ride section if you wanna see how low it sits

Thessman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss s2
All good. Thanks guys. It's got fe2 as standard so I just wanted it a little lower. But the other day when it was driven it would scrape with 4 grown men including driver. I still wanted practicality until I bought a daily. Thanks for you help guys. Been great getting opinions.

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Hey m8, i got a white VT SS and changed headlights(monaro) n altezza tail lights..have a look n see what ya think n if u like the look give ya an idea anyway...ive also had it lowered but had to raise it abit as i couldnt get over the speed humps where i live hahaha
At the end of the day depends on what sort of look your after....

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
vt spoilers aint bad
hey guys, so i have a white VX SS which ATM only has a set of 18s on it. ive got a few visual mods in mind but i just wanted some opinion and help in telling me if its possible, how hard it is, etc. im lowering it very shortly with SL in the rear and LOWS in the front (i like the car to sit tough not slammed) and im also thinking of shaving the spoiler and either leaving it shaved or replacing it with a VT senator boot lip. ive only seen this done on a silver VT commodore so i wanted to know how it would go on my car. also, im thinking of putting black altezza headlights in, angel eyes or normal whatever is better, and VZ front quarter panel flute guards. any input you guys may have would be MUCH appreciatted. thanks :). oh, and any other ideas u may have would be cool to.