Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Some Wheel Help

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
ive put vy sigs on my car just yesterday. no issues with rubbing etc. but i have lipped my rear guards. i am running a 235/35/19 tyre. any wider and it would be rubbing. heres a pic.

George

P1020461_1024-1.jpg

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
I tend to think newer model wheels generally dont look good on older cars, but georgeonboost, mate they look orsome on the VP, really suits it

Dazz

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
I tend to think newer model wheels generally dont look good on older cars, but georgeonboost, mate they look orsome on the VP, really suits it

Dazz

thanx champ! i had internationals on it previously and i quite liked them a lot. after a year of having them on and seeing 2 other vp's the same colour with the same rims in the same night, i sold them immediately and bought these because they look mint!

George

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
just put tyres on them and put them straight on mate. the fronts you will have no issue with a 235 tyre. the rears you may need to lip the guards like i have. is the car lowered? if so, does it have an adjustable panhard rod?

George

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
No it wasnt lowered enough for the panhard rod to be changed. I think it as SL in it front and back, so it is legal at the sump. When i get the finace for some decent tyres I will be sure to post some pics of her, plus considering coning the old man into getting me some cross drilled slotted rotors as my current ones are un r/w, Finally paint the calipers and then my wheels will look sexy.

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
cross drilled slotted aren't really worth it for the street. just get some slotted's and some good pads. that will be more than enough.

George