Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need suspension advice!

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
Just wanting to know if there is a happy medium for lowered suspension and a comfortable ride.I have a VS wagon which is currently running pedoers coils and shocks in the rear.30mm lower than standard,and pedders struts in the front with King coils,30 mm lower than standard.Problem is that it rides as hard as a rock,handles well,but way too hard .Seems to be jolting the crap out of everything.I took my wife’s friends VS Ute for a ride yesterday which sits at the same height and it was as smooth as silk.If anyone would know of a good combination I’d be interested to hear,cheers.

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Yeah but it ain't cheap you want to find progressive spring rate fe2 ride hight springs that's what I have in my vp wagon and it's beautiful unless you hit a big bump then the skinny part of the coil compresses and the thicker part takes over but I avoid craters where possible

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
Ok,so I’m not getting a lot of info here atm,so,if i have 30mm lowered front springs,should I be running shorter bump stops as when it bounces in the front it feels as though it is rebounding very quickly?

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
Ok,so after a bit of an inspection,with the car sitting on the ground with pressure on the springs,seems that there is hardly any clearance between the strut body and the bump stop.Would anybody know what the clearance should be with 30mm lowered springs.Seems too close to me.

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
So,I’ve pulled the strut assembly out,dismantled it,looks like a dogs breakfast.found an original bump stop which is about half the length of the installed bump stop,and it also looks like it was upside down.Could anybody point me in the direction of a detailed exploded,cross section view of the front strut assembly.