Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need tips for fitting 19s to a VH

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
By the way all:

you're / your
their / there / they're

All of these words have a purpose and a place... try to get it right! We're not in primary school after all...

Lol, WTF?????

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
if they hit and scrub its a **** mod (really safe) theres never a hole in the road at 100 now is there.
has a spelling mistake ever killed anyone?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Just a question for the front: How do you shift up the front spring mount on the macpherson strut suspension? Do you have to pull out the whole strut to do that or can you do that while it is in the car?

When me bro done mine he used another set which were already off the car, pulled them right down so it's just the strut assembly left, grinded the weld all the way around the spring seat, moved the seat up 10mm, then rewelded it. Then pulled the current ones outta the wagz, swapped everything over and fitted them. Worked a treat. :thumbsup:

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
Do you think it has something to do with the missing side strips compared to the other 2 though?
I think they look plainwithout them

no the wheels look like **** but i like the others. On my vh wagon i ran 19x8 +45 offset with 245/35r19 rubber with only a smidge of scrubbing and that was just laziness to adjust the panard bar.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
To the OP - a lot of dudes on here are very passionate about their early girls (including myself!) and therefore not afraid to give their opinions - so please don't take it personally, if anything their opinion has your best interest at heart.

Good luck with the 19's.

PS - I think that anything over 15's on early model Commo's blow also....

Last edited:

kane_coro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 SS 6 speed,VK Royale 308,VN V6 Ute
It all depends on the off set of the wheel.I put my 19s off my VX on the VK to see waht it was like.Had 245/35 on the rear and 235/35s on the front.Didnt rub once.Did a couple hundred kms with them on as well.Made it drive like a pig though.It tracked the road really bad I was constantly fighting it.And they raised the body a lot.It looked good from a distance but up close they were far to big.Drives a lot nicer with the 15s.
The only really good thing about the 19s was the grip level.It stuck like **** to a blanket whereas the 15s wil let go easily

Copilot6425

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
im planning in putting 19s on my VH i was wondering has anybody else done this?, and what advice they could give me.
19x8.5 2 peice rims, 215 35 19 treads, hand flared front guards and hammered out and re welded rears, adjusts, harsh ride, but fuckn love ot

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_140449.jpg
    IMG_20200330_140449.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 155