Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to beat an SS

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
well i dont reckon you'l win.

you should have said this instead.

"i bet you $1000 that your v8 can't beat my v6!"

when he beats you take the $1000 and say i said i bet you cant... not can... nubcake.

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6

Attachments

• scootervtec.jpg
    scootervtec.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 159

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Excercises In Futility

Lol - anybody else notice that 98% of V6 owners seem to think/claim that "their" v6 is faster than 98% of the other 98% of v6's out there???

Reaper

Yes. But 1.96% of the time they are right. :)

As for the race. FOR GET IT! Assuming you can actually drive, you may be a little in front off the line. You'll be level at the start of second gear and 3 car lengths behind at the end of second gear.

It will be much cheaper and easier in the long run to hand over the $10 but it won't be much phun.

If you really want to win you can modify your V6 with a blower, kick the arse of 99.9% of the cars on the road in one night and spend the rest of your life sitting in your lounge room playing Forza 2, your license suspended and your car impounded.

L8r

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
because its a heavier car than the vn, with only an extra few kw, and the vn develops its power lower in the revs than the vs

ahh didnt know they were lighter, by how much ?

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
VS Weights.....

Estimated weight, in kg

* Executive sedan V6: 1385
* Executive sedan V8: 1448
* Executive wagon V6: 1421
* Executive wagon V8: 1477
* Ute S V8: 1443

VN Weights....

Executive Berlina Calais
Sedan, V6 (kg): 1311 1370 1391
Sedan, V8 (kg): 1377 1440
Wagon, V6 (kg): 1359 1422 N/A
Wagon, V8 (kg): 1425 1492 N/A

well according to this you can have an exec v8.. hmm :/

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Simple, park infront of him.

Or just convert to manual and take off in 3rd, instant winner.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Mothballs aren't entirely made of one single ingredient, so you have no real idea what you are putting in the tank and its likely you can get dissolving lumps caught in your fuel filter and fuel lines when you put them in. Also there is no ethanol in mothballs. There is no methanol either. Mothballs used to contain napthalene which is what was believed to boost the octane levels, but its unlikely you'll find it in the majority of mothblls these days they use a different ingredient called Dichlorobenzene which is a pesticide also used in urinal cakes. Regardless, napthalene has been shown not to improve performance, emissions or fuel economy, just ask a company called BioPerformance that sold napthalene pills and were then forced by the industry regulator to repay customers over $8 million after the napthalene pills were actually tested. The mothballs that contain dichlorobenzene could possible have an effect on octane because of the benzene. But dicholorobenzene is just one ingredient in those mothballs, and even then it is (simply put) two parts chlorine to one part benzene and chlorine will, at the least, wreck your o2 sensor. So either way, its not a smart idea. Just buy some octane boost!

You are joking aren't you? LOL, i'm guessing you didn't see that i was joking lol.

Way to get serious lol. If you were to throw mothballs in your fuel tank, you would be the dumbest **** on earth besides that dude who put sand in his intake and turned his engine over because he thought it would port his manifold.