Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to change my rotors

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I got cheap rotors once, main word there is once. I fitted them extra carefully, cleaned the hub, brand new pads, brakes bedded in properly, everything done right. Those rotors were ****. Massive brake shudder. Noisy as hell. Wasn't worth it in the end.

For the $250 you will pay for rotors and delivery, you can duck down to SCA and get DBA Front Rotor FOR Holden Calais 4D SDN RWD VT VX VY VZ 97 06 EN Shield | eBay and DBA Rear Rotor Holden Commodore Police 4D SDN RWD VT VX VY VZ 97 06 EN S | eBay . DBA cheapest line, but will be better, just not look as fancy.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I put a set on a BA Fawlcan the rwc bloke knocked the original disks for being too thin after I put the vmax rotors on along with the cheap pads brakes shuddered ended up putting bendix pads and dba rotors on it

Last edited:

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
I had to Google the VMAX rotors, never heard of them. We replaced all 4 rotors with the DBA slotted rotor, Australian made and the best quality rotors available.

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
ive used the cheap rotors before but with good pads and they were ok ..no shuddering and after bedding worked fine...rotors chewed up in time but they all do that with the steel in the pads nowdays ..I havent used vmax but the ones i used were half the price of dba.
Originally factory Rotors got a shuddering in them so i got them machined...... shudder reappeared a fair while later......put cheap reliance rotors on .
Mentioned the brand of rotors I used to a brake place and got some funny looks...they said they were **** but I gave them a go.....all good for now..brakes bedded in... been running for a while....... seem ok plenty of dust but i just clean my wheels every 2 weeks but brakes ok.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Agreed with the above sentiment, I went with some RDA slotted (330mm, C5's) to get regoed and they're turning out to be a great disappointment.

The times where I've spent decent bucks on DBA (excluding OEM/street series) have never disappointed, you get what you pay for.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have rda 343 dia 32mm curved slotted on my vr ....no problems... with the qfm hpx pads on brembo calipers it brakes well consistantly.....had dbas on my vp many moons ago and they went the same as originals..developed the shudder and now are scrap...maybe if you are hammering them on the track the brand might be important but for me rdas are fine.