Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need To Know If MY MACE Plan I Correct ( NEWBY )

JohnyRock

Live Long Rock Hard!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VX Executive (V6)
As The Subject Sais Im A Newby When I Comes To Getting More Power Out Of A V6 Engine And I Just Wanna Get Every 1's Opinion To Weather What Im About To Order And Do Is Correct..

P.S Vt series 1 V6 ECOTEC..

1st on my list 85mm mass airflow meter
2nd 70mm polished throttle body
3rd powerbond overdrive performance harmonic balancer ( plus im getting new idler's and tensioner pulleys with a high performance belt)
4th High Ratio Roller Rocker's
5th EFI Cam And Memcal Package

Keep In Mind I Already HAve Got SS Induction Big Mouth CAI And 2.5" Catback With Extractors
And A Memcal But I Think I Got Ripped As I Feel No Power Diff And Dnt Save A Drop Of Fuel..

Pls No HArsh Comments I Have Already Addmitted Im A Newb Just Trying To Learn And Get More Satisfaction From My V6 Engine..

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
do the rockers first.

1 - MACE SPACERS PLENUM AND MANIFOLD
2 - 69MM MACE TB
3 - ROCKERS
4 - DIFF GEARS 3.7 OR 3.9
5 - NEW MAMCAL TUNED BY THE1 [JC MEMBER]

if u get a cam get a rocker friendly camshaft

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Don't bother with the throttle body, all it does is trick you into thinking it's doing more at less throttle - it plays a bit of havoc with cruise control too.
1.97 rockers, a CAI, and an exhaust. Don't bother with that other stuff, the bang-for-buck ratio is terrible.

Edit: just saw you're looking at a cam. Don't bother with rockers then, just get a decent sized cam.

MACE

Reaction score
As The Subject Sais Im A Newby When I Comes To Getting More Power Out Of A V6 Engine And I Just Wanna Get Every 1's Opinion To Weather What Im About To Order And Do Is Correct..

P.S Vt series 1 V6 ECOTEC..

1st on my list 85mm mass airflow meter
2nd 70mm polished throttle body
3rd powerbond overdrive performance harmonic balancer ( plus im getting new idler's and tensioner pulleys with a high performance belt)
4th High Ratio Roller Rocker's
5th EFI Cam And Memcal Package

Keep In Mind I Already HAve Got SS Induction Big Mouth CAI And 2.5" Catback With Extractors
And A Memcal But I Think I Got Ripped As I Feel No Power Diff And Dnt Save A Drop Of Fuel..

Pls No HArsh Comments I Have Already Addmitted Im A Newb Just Trying To Learn And Get More Satisfaction From My V6 Engine..

Hey JohnyRock,

What is your budget roughly? As there are a number of options

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
That should allow you to sneak in a cam install, provided you can do the work yourself. If you have to pay for someone else to do the work then probably not, in which case you'll have to stick with the bolt on stuff like rockers etc. This would reduce the cost though considerably under the 2k mark. Let know which way you want to go and I'll quote you up exact what is recommend for your request :)

Cheers,
Steve