Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to put a VX on gas

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
Hello,
Where is the cheapest place to get this done in Brisbane? Does anyone know what this will cost. I saw that other post saying $4,400. But i thought it was around the $2,500???
Has that $2,000 rebate started yet?

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
Has that $2,000 rebate started yet in Queensland?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The rebate started on the 14th August. Since it is a federal government funded program I assume it would be available in all states.

gogoboygareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Exec
Well... my girlfriend called up Holden in Bendigo, to find out what kind of LPG system they recommend. They didn't recommend any - they said not to do it!

They said that given the amount of km's of my VXII Exec (130,000km's) - even with a flash lube kit, expect only around 40,000km's of life before the engine craps itself.

My girlfriend wasn't sure exactly what would "crap itself"... she wasn't sure what they said (possibly something to do with the valves)... definitely has me worried!

Though I have high km's for a newish car - probably 75% of the km's are highway driving in the country - and the engine doesn't use oil or coolant, and averages 8.5L/100 - 10.5L/100km's in economy.... so I figured my engine would be in great condition.

gruntavt

HSV-I Don't want one ;-)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vess-luckily
My VX had done 205,000 kms when I converted it to LPG, and it's still going strong & doesn't use oil @ 250,000+ Kms. The dealer was a DH!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
gogoboygareth said:
Well... my girlfriend called up Holden in Bendigo, to find out what kind of LPG system they recommend. They didn't recommend any - they said not to do it!

They said that given the amount of km's of my VXII Exec (130,000km's) - even with a flash lube kit, expect only around 40,000km's of life before the engine craps itself.

My girlfriend wasn't sure exactly what would "crap itself"... she wasn't sure what they said (possibly something to do with the valves)... definitely has me worried!

Though I have high km's for a newish car - probably 75% of the km's are highway driving in the country - and the engine doesn't use oil or coolant, and averages 8.5L/100 - 10.5L/100km's in economy.... so I figured my engine would be in great condition.

If your doing 15,000k's or more a year its worth it, and first I have heard about LPG not recommened for high mileage:whistling

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
im getting my vx 5.7 done as we speak, from what ive been told the holden kit is quite good only problem is the kit is designed for a vy so things need to be changed for a vx.

the kits are tested on many many cars before put on the actual market, generally they test them out on fleet and all. i asked my mechanic about a flush lube and he said dont worry about it, generally if something goes in the engine usually is the head/heads

gogoboygareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Exec
SLAF said:
I booked my wife's VX in at LPGAS1 yesterday. $2520. It will be installed 24 November.

Where are they located? And what kind of kit do they install?