Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEED YOUR HELP RE 195i

C

clubbie_50

I have a 195i vt clubbie and its at holden for some
warranty work, the lifters were noisy and needed replacing also when pulled apart found cam was damaged.
They have been stuffing around saying no cam for a 195i available genuine, anyways they found something not sure where and what. The lifters i am told they are getting are from repco .... not impressed as i rather genuine which I know trade are $63 each. Do you know if the lifters are different to a ordinary 5L and how different the cam is, got a feeling there not putting the orig spec parts in it. If your a mechanic and can shed some light on this please reply asap. Would you trust elcheapo repco rubbish in your pride and joy????

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
if i were you i would spend the extra $250 and get a crane 285 with new lifters and make it worth the time and money

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
also crow cams makes the 195 cam with the same specs as the stock holden one if that helps

C

clubbie_50

yeah just checked it out they rec 278 req no mods thanks for that you know what there worth

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
nah no idea lol my guess would be round about $400ish maybe less

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the factory 195kw cam is a 276 crane equivalent