Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Needing a little help...

D

dave.b

i made a thread askin if replacin a fuel injector was hard but noone replied so off i went n did it myself, got the fuel injector in sweet but i think i ****ed up hookin the hoses back, possibly wrong hose on wrong but the hoses look pretty simple as in bent from heat so yeh, anyway the car wont start unless reving the **** outta it and it screams like a fan belt really wrong but asoon as i let go of the pedal it dies in the ass. what can i do/ is it a vacum hose?

D

dave.b

please someone help? i hate not driving ey haha
strikes me that it would just be a hose coz it was runnin fine before hand...

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
bent? the hose is ment to be straghit from the fuel rail to the injector, the small pipe about a inch and half long im talking about

and what made you change the injector, was there a fault with it or just running abit ruff

D

dave.b

injector was leakin fuel, not the hoses from the injectors the hoses that lead to the big top 6 cylander thingo on the left/silver thing ****ed if i know i dont know **** ey

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
was the injector hat u replaced it with s/hand or new, if it was leaking u most likly would of only had to replace the o ring to stop it,

and the not running did u play with anything else like timing or unplug any sensors in the area, just check over the TPS and the ACC to see if they are pluged in as u possibly could of accerdently knocked one off, the fan belt was any liquard spilt on it durring the time u were fixign the injector as it could be moisture in the belt, to solve this while its running (once u get it running) place some salt on the pully where the belt runs and it should asorbe the mosture causing it to stop squeeking

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
was the injector hat u replaced it with s/hand or new, if it was leaking u most likly would of only had to replace the o ring to stop it,

and the not running did u play with anything else like timing or unplug any sensors in the area, just check over the TPS and the ACC to see if they are pluged in as u possibly could of accerdently knocked one off, the fan belt was any liquard spilt on it durring the time u were fixign the injector as it could be moisture in the belt, to solve this while its running (once u get it running) place some salt on the pully where the belt runs and it should asorbe the mosture causing it to stop squeeking

Just a thought is it the salt that absorbes the moisture or the salt that cleans and polishes the pulley surface??

I haven't heard of salt b4 on fan belts but i'm going to try it..:thumbsup:

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
i like that salt idea.

you have probably forgotten to put the connector back onto the aac valve, if you took it off, that will cause the problem i think.

vacuum hoses might be off liek you said, back of the inlet manifold, it comes out straight with a little T in the middle of it

[HOSE TO AUTO]
|
|
HOSE TO VACCUM SWITCHES _|
|
[MANIFOLD}

if its a manual the place where the hose connects that leads to the auto trans wont be there, there whould just be a rubber cap, they are pretty deteriorated by this age and if you had taken it off and put it back on it might not be sealing anymore, dont go putting goo over the hole because it might get sucked into the motor, BAD.
put a bit of hose over it and kink the hose tightly with something.

if anyone was wondering what the hose is for, the one at the end of the fitting is...
if you have ever seen the throttle cable cover of a vn onwards, not sure about late model stuff, the metal wire part near the throttle body you will notice that if the car is a manual it will have 2 wires, one comes from the throttle and the other goes to the auto, so when you put your foot down the auto knows that and it kicks down a gear.

now on the vl this is dont by a vacuum operated valve.
if you have ever had your bonnet up while the engine running and yanked on the throttle cable all the way, you would have heard something between a thud and a heave suction noise.
thats because when the engine is at idle the throttle plate in the throttle body is closed and not restricting the air flow into the motor, the air through the intake piping is moving quite slowly.
The pistons and tryign to pull all this air into the motor to keep it running but the throttle plate is closed so only a tiny bit of air is gettign through, so its sucking air past creating a low pressure, sort of stretching the air particles, or we can call it a vacuum, but when you open that throttle fast all the vacuum is filled with air, so fast and it created that suction noise, a kind of thud. that big suction is happening in the inlet manifold, and that fitting is directly connected to the inside of the manifold and the hose that hoes to the auto trans also gets the big suction runnign through it that activated the kick down in the gears in transmission. thats dony by a valve and blah blah blah my fingers are sore. if anyoen has actually read that and doesn't understand it or wants to clear anythgin up pm me

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a thought is it the salt that absorbes the moisture or the salt that cleans and polishes the pulley surface??

I haven't heard of salt b4 on fan belts but i'm going to try it..:thumbsup:

the salt absorbs the moisture and grease or oil from the pullys, my old man showed me this trick and it work instantly, i was stoked
becuase i change my alternator with a spare i had and it had saltderfaction (fek knows how 2 spell it) on it so i used WD-40 to clean it and once it was on it screamed like hell, so he walked out and told me to do it,

started car let it idle, then poor a tablespoon or so on till the noise stops, should happen in acouple seconds if that.
he learnt it when he was young in england with his mini cooper and the wet

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
the salt absorbs the moisture and grease or oil from the pullys, my old man showed me this trick and it work instantly, i was stoked
becuase i change my alternator with a spare i had and it had saltderfaction (fek knows how 2 spell it) on it so i used WD-40 to clean it and once it was on it screamed like hell, so he walked out and told me to do it,

started car let it idle, then poor a tablespoon or so on till the noise stops, should happen in acouple seconds if that.
he learnt it when he was young in england with his mini cooper and the wet

Cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

D

dave.b

thanks guys, it will be a hose or plug of sum sort coz i unplugged alot of **** to get to it, to the felt belt thing, yes i sprayed **** on the engine before hand. the injector is 2nd hand, i didnt know u could just buy the ring but ohwell, so that silver thing i was talkin about is the inlet manafold?, thats where i took most of the hoses off to get to the injector, i presume theres an easier way but its just the way i seen n did it, day off tomorrow so i'll give those hoses a go, didnt have the time on sunday coz sunset snuck up on me too quick, thank u.