Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Needing Cam advice!

Michael Cooksey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais L98
Hey lady's and gentlemen.

Long time creeper, first time account creator and poster.

I am looking for some advice and clips on some cams you guys might have, at the moment i have a stockish L98 VE Calais and i want to chuck a cam in that fella.

Looking at the VCM 262 or 532 but not sure.

Who has had some experience? Who can impart some wisdom for a guy with a Auto who wants that cammed sound coming from his V8.

Any advice is welcome :)

jone5y

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII S ute
Awesome amount of info on here and the www regarding this. The answers you will receive will likely focus on your requirements. Do you want more low down torque, high end power, maintain daily manners or just a bit of cammy 'chop' to the exhaust?

Lots of options available and VCM are long time players in the market

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
It might be a good time to upgrade the lifters, few L98 engines have lifter fails the later L98 went to LS7 but worth checking. Make sure you get it done properly and quality valvesprings used that are setup correctly with the Cam. As for Cam as yours a auto, if you go to big you might want a hillstall. Id give camtech cams a call, they can point you in the right direction. One word of advice is bigger isn't all ways better.

Nanoxcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I got a VCM11 fitted to mine about 8 months ago, Auto and No stall, love it, Lumpy as, does pig root a bit but i like that too lol, massive difference when you hit 3000rpm.
Changed my diff gears to 3:45 and cant wipe the smile off my face when i drive it.