Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 needing some advice please

zanolomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s II v6
hi so im just needing some advice on rebuilding a 5lt engine number is (92060019) which i believe come out in the vn-vp

im wanting to completely rebuild it to replace the v6 Buick in the vr Ute my brother passed down to me when he passed away as he all ways wanted to do it him self.

what i don't no is were to start on the build.
its going to have a very hard life being a burnout Ute so if you could please point me in the right direction on what i should buy and do as this will be my 1st v8 rebuild i have done heaps of v6 an 4s but that's as far as i have went.

also recommendations on a box for it has to be manual i already have a t5 but i don't think it would be that strong once again any help is greatly appreciated

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Will you be retaining efi or converting to carb?
Best burnout mod I've seen is running a second radiator in the tray with fans. Twice the cooling, twice the skid.

Comcal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
A cam and better valve springs since you will be rev limiting bashing it.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
The parts I'd do it with would be...vn-s v8 crossmember,keep your steering rack & adapt astra/vectra electric p/steer pump in tray or under guard
vs s3 v8 radiator with vs v6 thermofan which bolt straight up or even better bf/fg single
engine & alternator brackets etc should get off gumtree/fb marketplace cheap enough.
Pacemakers 1 3/4 extractors are worth it for big banger holdens

Plenty more little things but you didn't mention budget or if street rego required...top loader or adapting ls t56 would be strong enough..auto makes the build easier to do but so too would be ls conversion using vt-vy donor