Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

neon installation

Repeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLX
hey there i have just received some blue neons for my birthday and have no ciggerette lighter and was wondering if any body cann show me a digrame of how i would install them with a switch to turn them on and off? thank you

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
OK here is a small diagram

On the cigi lighter the wire that joins to fuse is POS the other is neg

Run the positive to the batt then put a fuse in no more than 30cm away form batt, then put in the switch in sumwhere along the line, then run that wire to the neon....

Then the other wire off neon gets bolted to a sanded metal part of body for the ground.....

If ur not sure on what u are doin get sumone else to do it coz if u do it wrong say bye bye neons

With the fuse start small eg 5amp n work ur way up until it stops blowin it....

OK here she is should work now

Last edited:

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I would be more inclined to earth out the neons on the door switch or something, or take power from ignition not battery as a failsafe if they are left on.

And get your hands on a multimeter which will allow you to calculate the amperage draw and required fuse to use with them, most neon kits come with the wiring and fuses etc. anyway

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah that how i would do it.....Only reason i put it to the batt is coz its alot easier thing to do when u dont no how to wire em up properly thru the ingnition.... Most ppl dont know how to wire into the ignition so i just made the diagram this way so it would be easier for him to wire them up himself, if there not very electricaly minded....

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
is it possable to just cut the sires off of the smoke lighter plug and wirer one to the smoke lighters and the earth to the door earth(thesmoke lighter plug on the neon has a inline fuse on it does that have to be joined up too or not?