Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NES138 room for improvement

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
Should send the pics of the vt and vs on stands then the drive line of this thing in the driveway to the cops and tell them that you've bought three cars, the first two got thrown on jack stands and stripped over night and the last one somebody stole the body!

Hahahahahahah

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
I was going to but I lacked the time and cash for two projects (or a wife that wanted another registered car)
The SS looked a poo load better in the photo than what is was in life. Because of the roof leak the whole interior rotted and stank.

furry muff.... well the main thing is your passing the time and having fun while doing it. project is looking good...

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
That's no way to talk about his wife.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
My new tailshaft arrived. Snipped the VT ends of and had this single length made. I did have a thread on here called "how far out do you hang" as it does have room to move in and out of the gearbox.
hu3yhaje.jpg

I also had a thread on here asking about direction rotors in regards to the slot. Yep they're on the wrong side. I have to pull it all apart anyway to grease it all up. So I have a VN V8 slotted drilled rotors all round now so I should be able to pull up! Bendix pads for reduced dust. All new rubbers on the caliper too. Cleaned all the gunk on the back of the piston too.
huvuhegu.jpg

Here is my H4 bulb conversion. FC Holden's have a candle for a bulb originally...
I stripped the wiring out of the VT headlights and ran them through the FC
3uzuquza.jpg

usedapyb.jpg

meny2ada.jpg

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
Traditionally FE and early FC indicated by flashing brake light and did not have reversing lights. The clear lense was dormant. So here I have VT Harness to the bulbs and cut inserts so the standard tabs fit straight in!
y5ury8aj.jpg

here6u3a.jpg

2ubu3aty.jpg

Ta da
ysyzegy9.jpg

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You also have non-returning/cancelling indicators.... is that normal or a fault on your list?

Last edited by a moderator:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
not that its relevant in this thread, but because of the positioning of the transmission selector bracket, my steering column needed to be mounted further forward than where it should be, so the cancel cam didnt engage the pins in the steering wheel. this will be addressed with the new trans selector setup.